Are you a housewife or stay at home and looking for an opportunity to make money? It is difficult juggling between chores and taking care of the kids, but with a pool of diversified online jobs, it is easy to make money from home. Irrespective of the age and situation, financial independence is crucial for women. It not only makes you self-sufficient and confident but gives you the flexibility and platform to become your boss.
Outstanding and High Paying Internet Based Jobs for Housewives
Apart from the Small scale business ideas for housewives, there are several other ways to earn money online through internet jobs. Some of the internet jobs are extremely high-paying without compromising on the flexibility and convenience of work schedule. Continue reading for some of the best internet-based jobs to earn well.
1. Freelance Content Writing
There is no secret that there is great demand for content writers, one of the most popular freelance jobs. Every business requires content for visibility and reaching a target audience. With freelance writing, you can be your boss and work according to your flexibility. Journals, publications, online blogs, etc., are always constantly looking for high-quality content writers. An SEO-optimised content helps in bringing traffic and increasing visibility. It can turn into the best business for housewives as you get more clients and hire a small team of content writers.
Some of the popular sites where you can find content writing gigs are Fiverr, People per House, Freelancer, Upwork, etc. However, these sites have become saturated, and the bidding process is complicated. Instead, check out for freelance positions through LinkedIn to get better clients.
2. Online Proofreading
With millions of content going online and offline every single day, proofreaders are in great demand. It is a flexible online job that can gradually transform into the best online business for housewives. Proofreading jobs are easy, and all it requires is spotting mistakes in the written content or documents. If you have a strong flair for grammar and enjoy reading, this is the perfect job. However, it is not making a quick buck kind of online job and takes time to grow. However, it does give the flexibility to work as your boss at your own pace.
3. Online Remote Consulting Job
Consulting is a broad term and requires experience and expertise in the domain. All industries starting from IT to healthcare to digital marketing companies, require consultants for various projects and domains. It is a lucrative and high-paying job but requires expertise in the area. The role of a consultant is diverse and helps clients resolve issues regarding the issues or project by identifying a path and thorough research. There are big A-list companies that offer remote consulting jobs and flexibility to work from home. It can start as a small business plan for housewife can gradually expand into a full-bloom consulting firm. Here are some high-demanding consulting jobs that housewives can work from home.
- Marketing Consulting – If you have a degree and experience in marketing, this might be the perfect role for you. The job is a little demanding and helps companies build and develop new strategies to market services or products for the target audience. The roles are diverse, including content marketing, social media marketing, paid online campaigns for reaching more customers, etc.
- Social Media Consulting – With most companies relying strongly on social media engagement and optimisation, there is a huge scope. It uses social media networks to maximise the reach for a brand or business to target customers. Leverage your skills and get highly paid to create outstanding social media campaigns.
- Financial Consulting – This is a niche job but pays well if you have the knowledge and expertise. Small businesses do not have the budget to hire a full-time finance consultant. Working as a freelance financial consultant requires handling the financial aspect of a company to maximise profits.
- Fitness/Wellness consultant – It is again a niche field, but if you have a certification in personal training, health coaching, or as a nutritionist, it is a great option. With fitness becoming mainstream, a good consultant has a huge earning opportunity.
Apart from this, housewives’ business ideas as a consultant vary depending on the requirement and expertise. It is a high-paying profile, and due to budget constraints, most companies prefer not to hire full-time or in-house consultants. Online consulting jobs are perfect for housewives who have prior experience and knowledge but quit their jobs to raise kids and take care of family.
4. Blogging and YouTube
These are new generation creative career options, and it has the potential to become a full-blown business. A successful blog or YouTube channel earns passive income through advertisement, brand collaborations, and sponsorship. It opens doors for creativity and strengthens your portfolio for better opportunities. As a housewife home business ideas in the form of blogging or YouTube open other channels for earning. If you run a successful blog or YouTube, you can make money through affiliate marketing, selling e-books and courses through the platform, and get paid projects.
However, both blogging and maintaining a YouTube channel is a lot of work. Although it offers flexibility, consistency, and high-quality work is a requirement. Both the medium gives an outlet to showcase and share your creativity with the world.
5. Online Teaching and Tutoring
A lot of women earn good money from home providing online tutoring services to students across the globe. If you are good at a specific subject, use knowledge, help others, and earn money. You can offer online lessons to students for diverse subjects like Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Language, Mathematics, etc. You can set your schedule accordingly and earn well as you work only for a few hours a day or week.
Many online platforms teach English online to students from non-English speaking countries like China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Spain, etc. If you have impeccable English, apply to the sites and start teaching for an hourly rate of $15 to $40. It is a high-paying best business idea for a housewife with no investment but just the right skills, strong internet connection, and a good system.
6. Options for Easy Internet Jobs with no Experience
Although the above job options require time, skills, and experience, there are multiple online jobs for housewives where age, qualification, and experience are not a bar. These jobs are easy but not as high paying as the above jobs.
- A Data Entry job is a simple option where you simply have to enter the data. It does not require skills but perhaps high typing speed.
- The online survey is a good and no-brainer online job. Answer the questions in the survey and get paid for it.
- The virtual assistant is a great option and is in high demand. This involves handling emails, appointments, calendar management, etc., for businesses or entrepreneurs remotely.
There are so many ideas for housewives to make money with the online and remote working option. Despite staying at home, you do not have to compromise with your financial independence through online jobs. This guide gives a basic insight into some of the jobs available for housewives or stays at home, but the options are unlimited, with limitless possibilities.
1) Top 10 Small Business Ideas in the Garment Industry
2) 31 Successful Organic & Unique Business Ideas [A Complete Guide]
3) 5 Small Business Ideas for Housewives
4) OkCredit: All you need to know about OkCredit & how it works.
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.
OkCredit is 100% Made in India.
Q. Is experience required for online jobs for housewives/stay-at-home moms?
Ans. It depends on the type of job profile. Most companies prefer working with experienced people if it is a niche and specific jobs like consulting content writing or teaching. For high-paying online consulting jobs, experience and statistics of work are preferred.
Q. Is there any investment to start working from home?
Ans. No, these jobs require zero investment but a strong internet connection and system. This is the best part because you earn without making any initial investment. However, for blogging and YouTube, a basic initial investment might be required.
Q. How well do the online jobs pay?
Ans. It depends on the domain of work. For example, a consultant for an IT or finance or HR firm is paid well, provided the work and projects are up to the mark, and there is also high demand. Premium content writing, too, pays well. However, simple jobs like data entry or survey are low-paying.
Q. Can I start a business through online jobs?
Ans. Yes, absolutely. If you have a good number of clients, you can hire a small team and distribute work. This is common in consulting and content writing domains.