Ever since the lockdown, businesses had to shut their offices and shops and pivot to online. Online business was growing, but the pandemic just boosted online business tremendously. From then on, people started increasingly likely to shop online instead of physical shopping.
In fact, by April 2020, online sales had already increased by 68%. This pattern is likely to continue in the upcoming future.
So, why not prepare for it and take your business to a greater height?
And as local businesses reopen entirely, the benefits of internet shopping will remain. All of this points to why now is an excellent time to begin or expand your e-commerce business. The use of social media, be it any platform, help all kinds of businesses grow and engage with their main audience.
And one of the best-emerging ways to expand your business online is through Instagram. Instagram has proved to be a social marketing staple rather than a fad, with an active, ever-growing user base. There is still room on the web for companies with a visual story to share and a willingness to build a loyal following and customer base. Why not learn how to do marketing on Instagram!
This article will help you on how to use Instagram for small business, how to do marketing, and how to promote your business on Instagram.
It is tremendously easy to start a business online. But for a start, let's know what the benefits of having an online business approach are. Why are offline shops the not only way to expand? Why is even an online page or website needed?
So here’s why.
- Less capital is required.
- It is easy to get started, with a flexible platform and low overhead.
- A wide variety of products are available.
- Easier to measure and scale.
- Faster shipping, higher-quality materials, smoother return handling, and greater accuracy when suppliers are held to a higher level.
In this article, we present a guide on how to build your business on Instagram and how to use the best Instagram marketing tips to engage with your audience.
1. Create an Instagram business account
The first step to start a company on Instagram is to learn how to create an Instagram business account. Here is how you can do that.
- Install the Instagram app.
- Create a new account and pick a username.
- Select Complete Signup profile - setup - account and then press "Switch to Professional Account."
- Choose "Business" as your account type.
Now, all you have to do is craft your profile. Add a profile photo, bio, and a website for your customers to hop on while surfing about your business.
Creating a business account is helpful. Such accounts provide access to in-depth analytics as well as additional communication and location information, allowing users to contact you.
And that is exactly what we want, to grow!
2. Build an audience
With so many pages and small businesses growing on social media, it becomes really difficult and necessary for us to stand out. It is best to tackle Instagram for businesses to build an authentic community. Begin small. Make new connections. Engage in one-on-one conversations with others. And that is how we can make primary connections. Let’s learn how to promote small businesses on Instagram for our benefits.
For more number of views and engagement, here are some of the ways:
- Using prominent hashtags - These may be campaign-specific or general; what matters is that they are important. Set up your key business hashtag as well. Make use of hashtags to broaden your presence.
- User-friendly content - Encourage your community to share unforgettable memories and adventures they've had with your brand on Instagram, and request permission to repost any of the best posts on your sites.
- Maximise engagement - Follow the ongoing trends. Join the trendy conversations positively and gain followers.
- Make reels - The Instagram algorithm prioritises material from the accounts with which you connect the most, as well as the types of topics with which you usually communicate. Thus, it is the most effective way currently to increase engagement with your customers.
- Encourage friends and brand ambassadors to share your posts - You don't need influencers with a large fanbase, but rather those with a high interaction rate (likes and responses per follower), which many influencer marketplaces will offer.
- Follow relevant users - If you want people to know you or interact with you, you must interact with them as soon as possible. Try running a live chat where your fans will participate and ask you questions about your goods and services. It's also the perfect way to gain their confidence by revealing the actual person behind the brand.
3. Post content according to your goals
Your content, posts, reels, and stories must reflect what you want from your users. Your page must show what you do, what your business is all about. Display your product. If you've determined your brand's goals, you should start speaking in your followers' words.
Posting content according to your goals is how you can do marketing for small businesses on Instagram.
Promote the product you have to sell. Every single Instagram photo does not have to be carefully prepared and edited. It is more than enough to see products in public to win people over.
Consistency is achieved by never running out of material ideas to keep your feed fresh and your fans active and amused.
4. Fascinate your audience
Let your pictures do your talking. Your posts must be relevant enough for users and viewers to attract them to your page from their feed. There should be something different, something that adds value to your business. Our main aim here is that our viewers should be able to look at your feed and get a clear idea about what you're all about.
5. Use Instagram ads
From videos to photographs and beyond, often paid advertisements are what you need to appear in the feeds of your perfect customers. By investing in advertisements now, you may be able to stay ahead of the competition until their "next big thing" for advertisers arrives. You should tailor your messages more effectively to attract customers not only based on their age, venue, or gender, but rather on the people, places, and things they like and, most importantly, because of their interest in your field of services.
6. Create behind-the-scenes videos
Customers are naturally curious about where their goods come from in the first place. Using source photos to show how products are produced - from raw materials to manufacturing and delivery is what they are looking for. Every company has ideas, and now it's up to you to take a nice photo and post it to Instagram. You may discover that it is better to experiment with various post styles before you find the one that will engage the most people.
Instagram stories are allowing marketers and small business owners to tell better and more in-depth stories about their brands. This will give your fans an inside look at what it is like at your organisation and make them feel like they are a part of it.
7. Repost relevant content from other accounts
Though reposting isn't an official feature of Instagram's applications or website, yet many brands and consumers have been doing it for a long time. And it can be a very powerful way to increase your Instagram followers.
It's now up to you to take the initiative. Begin publishing. Begin somewhere. It does not have to be flawless on the first day, every day, and every time.
The best way to get things done is to begin simply. So, take the initiative and start. Do not wait for the right time because it is when you begin. And also, progress is a thousand times better than perfection.
There is a lot of information about using Instagram as an important online marketing tool on the internet. But understand why Instagram only? Here’s why.
Instagram is one of the most visually appealing sites on the internet. It is an excellent place to promote your business, upload product photographs, interact with committed followers, and increase your return of interest. Creating an Instagram business account not only helps you to add contact information, gain insights into your photos, stories, and fans, but it also promotes your posts in a way to attract a larger target audience.
Thus, promoting your business is your motive, and in this world of technology, this must be your one step forward towards learning to engage with people and clients through an online medium. So why wait. Look up at the given article and find some amazing tricks and techniques for learning Instagram.
1) Which of the Social Media Platforms is Important for Marketing?
2) How Can Social Media Help Drive Sales?
3) What is Facebook Marketing? Here's all you need to know
4) Business Idea: How to Sell Furniture & Home Decor Online?
5) OkCredit: All you need to know about OkCredit & how it works.
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.
OkCredit is 100% Made in India.
Q. Is it possible to start a company on Instagram?
Ans. Yes, it is possible and easy to start a business on Instagram. Just make an account and within the app, scroll through the settings and make your account professional.
Q. How much does it cost to create an Instagram business page?
Ans. It costs nothing to create an Instagram page. Creating an account and posting stuff on Instagram is free of cost.
Q. What could my first Instagram post be about?
Ans. It can be about anything you want to show on your profile. Be it your selfie or something related to your business. Your first Instagram post must be likely to invite and attract people to follow you and engage with you more and more.