Table of Contents:
1. How To Start Online Saree Business?
Sarees have always been in high demand in India. In a country like ours, packed with festivals throughout the year, women are continually browsing for the perfect ethnic outfit to wear. And more often than not, Sarees are their go-to outfit for festive occasions. Moreover, they are also a pure form of representing style and cultural significance. Not just India, Sarees have also witnessed massive success overseas and inspired the global world of fashion.
In addition to being stylish, Sarees are also a practical choice for Indian women. As the weather in most parts of the country is hot and humid for most of the year, Cotton sarees provide much-needed comfort. They are also an impressive option for weddings and parties. From the business side of things, the Saree industry has been growing steadily, with new varieties being introduced every year. New sellers have been entering the market with some unique designs. Moreover, the e-commerce industry in India offers a consistent, innovative, and seamless shopping experience that brings in more buyers. So if you’re looking to start your online Saree business, the sky's the limit. But the question is, how to go forward with it? We’re going to cover all the details about starting an online saree business here.
2. How To Start Online Saree Business? Steps To Follow.
- Understand How The Online Saree Industry Works- Before directly diving it into the question- How To Start Online Saree Business? You must understand how the industry works. That is why having proper knowledge of the online saree industry is a must. For that, one must gain a sense of the quality of clothes. Moreover, having a knack for fashion is also essential. Studying the market and deciding your core values will take you a long way in the online business world. So, do your research before moving on to other things.
- Set Your Target Customers- As the Saree market is a vast one, it gets hard to reach the right audience. So before you start selling your Sarees, figure out your target audience. In India, women from different parts of the country belong to divergent backgrounds. They have different tastes and preferences. Some prefer silk, while others like cotton. In this regard, it becomes necessary to finalise on the customers you’d like to target. Especially if you’re starting out, try to fulfil the demands of one or two kinds of buyers at maximum.
- Have Prerequisite Knowledge On Online Saree Business- In order to get an edge over your competitors, one must have thorough knowledge about the product and services they’re going to offer. Moreover, it’d also help you in answering the queries of your customers seamlessly in the future. You would also be able to target customers more effectively and know which features of your products to highlight.
- Get A Device With Good Internet Connectivity- The two things that are non-negotiable for running an online business are good internet connectivity and a modern device. You could use a smartphone or a laptop. To make your website, or for connecting with potential customers on social media, having either of the two devices is primary. As we’re focusing on online saree business, it’s vital to be available on social media platforms, like Instagram, Facebook, or WhatsApp. And for things to function smoothly in your online business, good internet connectivity is paramount.
- Information about Manufacturers- Another important information you must have is of manufacturers and their distribution network. If you are in the online saree business for the long haul, you’d have to build and maintain a close relationship with manufacturers and their distributors. It’d ensure that you don’t run out of stock. As a lot of your potential clients could be from overseas, it’d be beneficial to learn English. It’d help you in expanding your business and communicating with ease.
3. Online Saree Business Or Saree Business At Home?
Before you start purchasing sarees at wholesale rates you should be aware about your options on Online Saree Business Or Saree Business At Home? These below pointers will help you determine your business decision better:
- Determine The Cost And Prepare A Business Plan- The prices of sarees, marketing costs, internet costs, and other miscellaneous expenses are required to calculate the total capital needed for your online Saree business. The prices of your Sarees would depend on the material and design you’d use. Once you’ve done that, figure out the running cost or money required to keep the business running. It includes the money required to buy sarees, salaries, etc. Based on this knowledge, you can move ahead to prepare a business plan. If you’re looking for investors for your online business, having a business plan is a must. It’d also help you in nailing the basics and provide you with a starting point. As the online saree industry isn’t easy to predict, make a flexible business plan. Try making a rough plan initially, and alter it depending on how your online business performs in the early stages.
- Create A Website And Social Media Accounts- As it’s an online business that you’re planning to build, having an online presence is mandatory. Both websites and social media are great for showcasing your collection. Moreover, using social media would allow you to connect with your audience and help you reach out to more people. Instagram and Facebook are great platforms for online saree businesses. In the world of online business, Instagram shopping has been an excessively successful tool. You can also use these platforms for paid advertising. It’d help you reach more people. Moreover, you can showcase the discounts and offers running in your saree business along with your catalogues.
- Registering Your Business- Every business must get registered. So once you’ve finalised a name for your saree business, move ahead and register it as a legal entity. GST number and PAN card number are essential for registration purposes. Once your online business is registered, you’d receive the necessary license and permits. In addition to that, you’d also have to register for taxes. The process for the same varies from state to state. And finally, a bank account needs to open in your online business’ name. You can register it as a partnership, or sole proprietorship.
- Tying Up With E-commerce Companies- One of the best things about launching a Saree business in the current landscape is the sheer convenience sellers get. Tying up as a third party vendor with companies like Flipkart and Amazon is a cost-effective technique. This way, more customers would be able to reach you. You’d have to provide these companies with your GST number, PAN number, amongst other documents. A vital advantage is that these companies take care of the logistics side of things. It allows a business owner to focus on their products. However, they would verify the quality of your Sarees. Once they’re satisfied, you can start selling your products online.
- Pre-launch Marketing Of Products- Before going live with your sale, you could also come up with a marketing campaign. One of the essential techniques that you must use for your Saree business is word-of-mouth marketing. You can ask your friends and family members to help while circulating the message on portals like Facebook and Instagram.
Also Read: Saree Brands in India
4. How To Start Online Saree Business: Models and Types.
These are some of the most profitable saree shop business ideas & models that will make you hit gold in the online saree business market:
- Wholesale Saree Shop
- Social Media Selling
- Saree Business At Home
- Saree Business Online Store
- Offline Saree Shop/Store
5. How To Start Online Saree Business From Home?
Follow these simple steps to start online saree business from home:
- Step 1- Build a website displaying all your sarees.
- Step 2- Next in your saree business plan create your catalogues and add pricing.
- Step 3- For having a wholesale saree business in India make accounts with online marketing companies like Shopify, Amazon, etc.
- Step 4- Some common saree business tips include- frequent discounts, attractive offers, bulk offer variables, better quality in reasonable pricing.
6. Saree Business Online + Offline
Some of the important steps to be followed before starting to Google- How To Start Online Saree Business or saree business at home are:
- Determine The Cost For Starting The Business
- Create A Solid Business Plan
- Get Going With Market Research
- Define Your Target Audience
- Identify A Physical Location For Sales
- Get A Fully Functional Website Or Domain
- Register Your Saree Business
- Secure The Business With Insurance
- Market The Saree Business
7. Key Takeaways
Online Saree Business in the current landscape can be extremely profitable. Sarees are always in demand in India. That’s why this industry has been consistently making profits. Due to the sheer variety that they offer, Sarees never go out of fashion. That, paired with the digital boom that we’ve been witnessing, is reason enough to start your online Saree business today. Although it can be overwhelming initially, Saree businesses are rewarding in the long run.
Apart from hard work, this business requires extensive market research, unique products, online presence, and a great marketing strategy, amongst other things. But above everything, it requires an understanding of what the customer wants. You can pair up with manufacturers with a distribution network to get material at cheaper rates. Local Weavers can be contacted for guidance. You can be successful in the world of online Saree business if you build your business honestly, don’t compromise on the quality, and remain patient.
1) Top 10 Businesswomen in the Industry & What You Can Learn From Them
2) Wake up to the Power of the Shopkeeper's Nation & Support Small Businesses
3) How to Start Silk Business in India? Steps, Process & more
4) Start a Boutique - Dive into the World of Fashion!
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.
OkCredit is 100% Made in India.
FAQs On How To Open A Saree Shop Business In India
Q. Which is the best silk saree in India?
Ans- Banarasi Silk Saree is the best silk saree in India. Made in Varanasi, these sarees are amongst the finest and premium quality built clothing in India. Its speciality lies in its gold/silver brocade, fine silk, zari along with intricate embroidery.
Q. How can I sell my saree online at home?
Ans- Follow these steps to understand how to start online saree business from home:
- Get a Domain and build an online website for your saree business
- Decide your product pricing and create a catalogue displaying your collection
- You can also sell via Amazon, Flipkart, & Shopify if you want a larger eCommerce online presence
- Offer reasonable pricing, do competition pricing research and curate discounts accordingly
Q. Is online saree business profitable?
Ans- Opening an online saree shop is way more profitable than open a store. The reason being, online saree business requires low investment and it doesn't matter if the profit margin isn't high on low range sarees. However, designer sarees online fetch a handsome profit margin with every sale, so Yes, the online saree business is profitable.
Q. Which online shopping site is best for sarees?
Ans- This list is your ultimate app guide for the best online saree shopping sites in India:
- Roop Kala Sarees
- Utsav Fashion
- Kalki Fashion
- Peach mode
Q. How can I promote my saree business?
Ans- You can use various online marketing tools like Facebook Marketplace, Instagram Story/Post Ads, Pinterest, Whatsapp for Business, OkShop, and other social media portals to promote your saree business in India.
Q. Which online shopping site is best for sarees?
Ans- These are the best online saree shopping sites in India for 2021:
- Meena Bazaar
- Nalli Silks
Q. How do I start a wholesale saree business in India?
Ans- At the beginning of your saree business plan, you must start with an online saree bazaar, where you can start earning with minimal investment. When you successfully become a part of the online saree business, you can also expand your markets to selling Kurtis, lehenga choli, Ghaghra, salwar kurtas, and other premium clothing materials. Visit city-based small markets and find out materials suppliers and distributors who cater to wholesale saree businesses.
Q. Which saree is famous in India?
Ans- These are some of the best and must-have sarees from India:
- Kanjeevaram Sarees
- Banarasi Sarees
- Paithani Sarees
- Uppada Sarees
- Tussar Silk Sarees
- Dhakai/Jamdani Sarees
- Kalamkari Sarees
Q. Where can I buy sarees in bulk?
Ans- Many wholesale bazaars in every city sell sarees in bulk for reasonable pricing. Other than that some local distributors and suppliers tour cities selling their collection all across the country. The third and most effective method since pandemic is online saree wholesalers who can also provide reasonable pricing for bulk material purchases.
Q. Which is the best saree in India?
Ans- This is a list of the best & different types of sarees in India:
- Chikankari from Lucknow
- Taant from Kolkata
- Leheriya from Rajasthan
- Bandhani from Gujarat
- Banarasi from Varanasi
- Chanderi from Madhya Pradesh
- Phulkari from Punjab
- Muga from Assam
- Konrad from Tamil Nadu
|We hope our article helped you with your research. You can also visit these linked articles if you're interested in starting your own business:|
|How to start a dry fruit business?||How to start a Pani Puri business?||How to start a car dealership?||How to become a multi-millionaire with a small business?|
|How to get an electric vehicle dealership?||How to start a medical store?||How to start a tea stall?||How to start vegetable business?|