“Professionalism is just not the knowledge of the job, but it is the knowledge of how you do the job.”
In this respect, professional invoice plays a significant role in the overall growth and development of a business. Hence, it is imperative for business owners or aspiring business owners to know all about professional invoicing and how it helps business growth.
A professional invoice is a list containing all the transactions and trade between the client and the business owner. It includes details such as the amount due or cost of the services, delivery date, date of purchase, etc. Professional invoice has become an essential element in business growth because of several reasons. Provision of professional invoices has been made easy with the help of platforms like OKcredit. It is crucial to understand the concept of the professional before implementing the usage of professional invoices in business transactions.
TYPES OF PROFESSIONAL INVOICING
In the comprehensive understanding of professional invoicing, there are two distinct significant categories of invoices, namely:
Proforma invoicing is the preliminary bill statement of the sale sent to the buyer as a declaration statement of the order before the order. Proforma invoices contain the details of the goods and services that are to be ordered by the consumer. Thus, the buyer gets to know the exact amount of the sale price, which may or may not change further. It is just a statement that the company sends over to the purchaser before the shipment of the product based on which they make the purchasing decision.
This professional invoice doesn’t have any payable claim as opposed to the commercial invoices. Proforma invoices are declaration statements by the seller to the purchaser to ensure the delivery of products or services. In addition, proforma is used to deliver imports and trade transactions, which helps the client’s decision-making process.
The commercial invoice is legal documentation of the sale of the goods and services and the associated transaction between the buyer and the seller. The customs department uses commercial invoices to determine the custom duties for the sold and purchased goods and services. A commercial invoice contains details such as name, address, date of sale, date of purchase, delivery date, amount due, the weight of the items, price of the items, tax receipt, delivery charges, and so on. This type of professional invoicing is mandatory to be exchanged between the seller and the customer since it is legally binding. The commercial invoice’s purpose is to significantly influence as a seller enlists the account details that are payable between both parties. It further eases out the audit process and other documentation of the finance department of a company. Efficient financing is a clear symbol of prosperity for any business. These types of professional invoicing are just tools for the same, and OKcredit is the platform that allows it to happen.
Apart from these two major categories of professional invoicing, there are other types of professional invoices such as the following:
- Recurring Invoice: Recurring invoice is the one which is done for the recurring payments by the customer to the seller;
- Standard Invoice: Standard invoice is the one that contains the basic details as well as critical information about the seller and the buyer such as address and contact details etc.;
- Progress Invoice: A progress invoice lays down the progress of any work and is more like a regular update on the purchase.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF PROFESSIONAL INVOICES
Professional invoicing is crucial for all kinds of trade and transactions, making it easy to record the financial statements for both the buyer and the sellers. However, it has various advantages as well as some disadvantages, which are listed below.
- Advantages of Professional Invoicing
- A professional invoicing aids to the satisfaction of both the buyer and the seller
- Professional invoicing initiates the payment procedure.
- Professional invoices act as reminders for both the buyer and the seller.
- It is an effective way of promoting the brand and making a name of the brand for itself.
- Professional invoices are brilliant ways of keeping records. To the consumers, it acts as a physical copy of the payment record for the consumer.
- It is an effective way of maintaining the order since it keeps a record of every payment and account, which becomes crucial during the time of the audit of the accounts for the company.
- The professional invoices help create a brand identity and uphold the company’s professionalism in front of the buyers. Therefore, sending out a positive message which further caters to the promotion of the brand.
- Disadvantages of Professional Invoicing
- A poorly drafted professional invoice may harm the company’s image in front of the consumers.
- Any wrong detailing of the products or the services provided by the company is countered by the consumers.
- Professional invoicing may turn out to be costly if the budget is not adequately maintained.
- Delays in the invoices can lead to communication issues and provoke misunderstandings between the client and the seller.
Therefore, it is always advisable to pay undivided attention to invoicing since it determines the status of the brand image and growth of the business to a great extent.
IMPACT OF PROFESSIONAL INVOICING IN THE GROWTH OF THE BUSINESS
As mentioned above, professional invoicing is advantageous for the growth and development of the business in several ways. First, it implies that professional invoicing has a significant impact on the growth of any business. Second, it is especially applicable for small and medium-sized businesses. In this final section of the article, we will be looking at how professional invoicing adds to the growth and success of businesses.
Professional invoicing is the preliminary legal documentation exchanged between the client and the seller to record the sale of the goods or services. Therefore, it builds trust and loyalty between the client and the seller regarding the service provision. OKstaff is a great platform that is beneficial for the business in terms of their managerial issues. It also claims to have a lasting impression on the consumer about the seller. Professional invoicing is an effective method of gaining the loyalty of the customers that leads to the growth of the business. The commitment and the effort of the brand already reflect through the provision of proper proforma invoices.
Since we have examined the impact of professional invoices on business growth, it is time to determine where to find the best services. Okcredit is one such platform that allows its users to have clear draft invoices for their customers. Furthermore, with the effective digitalisation of the transactions with the help of OKcredit, it becomes easier for the merchants to focus on other significant aspects of the business. Therefore, it is safe to say that OKcredit will ensure the holistic growth of your business where you will have profit and a reputed brand image due to the provision of quality invoices to your customers.
After having a comprehensive understanding of the concept of professional invoicing and its impact on the growth and development of businesses, professional invoicing is a vital tool for businesses of any size since it further attributes to the construction of a successful brand image. Platforms like OKcredit will help every business to digitalise their credit and debit records. It will monitor the trade and transaction details through the provision of professional invoices to the clients. Overall, if you are figuring out ways to have voluminous growth in your business, invest more time and effort in the construction and deliverance of properly drafted professional invoices via OKcredit.
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.
OkCredit is 100% Made in India.
Q. Is professional invoicing necessary?
Ans. Yes, it is necessary for the growth and development of the business.
Q. Do we always get a professional invoice from the seller?
Ans. In most cases, we as buyers receive professional invoices from the seller, which we often regard as the “bill.”
Q. Do professional invoices increase the cost of production?
Ans. No, it doesn’t explicitly increase the overall cost of production.
Q. Should we always provide professional invoices to the buyers?
Ans. Yes, sellers should provide professional invoices to record the trade and transaction.
Q. How to identify if it’s a professional invoice?
Ans. As mentioned above in the blog, there are different types of invoices.