We at OkCredit are building a digital ledger for India’s small businesses. We are a technology platform that allows small businesses like vendors, merchants, and suppliers to record their daily transactions such as the sale and purchase of goods and services. In addition, we use technology to facilitate transactions between our users and their customers, and use data backed insights to meet their untapped needs.
We are extremely mindful of Your privacy and security. We look to ensure this by:
- limiting our data collection to only those areas helps us provide our users with better services and identify new offerings,
- ensuring that we typically only share aggregated data with third parties to protect individual privacy, and
- use good industry practices, and technologies to store Your data safely.
1. Preliminary Information
2. Collection and Use of Information
2.1 We respect the privacy of the Users and their Customers and are committed to protect it in all respects.
2.2 Nature of information collected
- Users are required to provide certain personal information at the point of registering on the Platform and thereafter. Furthermore, Users are also required to collect certain information relating to their Customers at the time of creating a Transaction Entry. This information may be provided to the Platform or another third parties depending on the nature of their use. This may include:
- email address;
- phone number;
- business entity information;
- contact address (for some services); and
- any other information as required.
- We collect demographic and related information from third parties including Google Analytics.
- Our servers automatically collect log file information. This includes limited information about Your device’s connection to the Internet, including Your IP address and when You visit any Platform. We automatically receive and log information such as those relating to the IP address, Your device or computer’s name, and Your operating system.
2.3 Providing us with this information is a pre-requisite to obtain certain Services. We shall not be liable for any denial of Services to You if You do not provide the necessary personal information sought.
2.4 We shall communicate with You for updating Your personal information or to seek more personal information in order to provide You with additional features that may interest You.
2.5 Use of information collected
We may use this personal information provided by You to:
- create Your account and provide You with the Services;
- verify Your identity;
- provide You with communications relating to the Services, and enable communications between Users, and between Users and Customers;
- troubleshoot bugs, operational issues, conduct analyzing, testing and research or to analyse and capture trends;
- prevent and detect fraud or unsafe activities or to identify practices or patterns that result in a violation of the Terms or any applicable law;
- provide customer support;
- improving the functionality and quality of the Services;
- communicate new products, services, promotions, news, updates, events, or offers; or
- investigate claims, disputes, grievances or violations of Terms or applicable laws.
2.6 We store all Your transaction information in a cloud-based environment using the services of third party infrastructure service providers, which may be located in India or overseas.
3. Sharing of information
We may share Your information (as stated under paragraph 2.2) with third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may share information related to credit records, user spends, patterns and user data tracked such as overall app usage by date, time, balances, etc with our partners or by publishing it on our Platform.
This may include but not be limited to:
- storage providers;
- payments systems providers;
- marketing partners;
- data analytics providers; and
- consultants, lawyers, auditors.
- We may share this information with our subsidiaries, affiliates or any of their holding companies.
- Finally, we may share Your information for any other purpose with Your consent.
4. Links to third party websites/ad-servers
5. Storage, access, amendments and prevention of further disclosure
- We retain Your data for as long as necessary to provide You with the Services. From time to time, we may create backups of Your data on the Platform. We also use this backup to provide insights and information related to transactions and to provide information in the form of aggregated statistics on data such as user spends by category, date, time etc.
- In addition we retain certain data even after Users/ Customers have deleted, suspended or stopped utilizing their accounts. This may be for legal purposes. In addition, we may even retain information (which may be identifiable or anonymised/pseudoanonymised) if relevant for business purposes such as improving the Services, fraud prevention, risk analysis, research and analytical purposes, and for improving safety and security.
- When requested by You, we can provide You with access to Your personal information. If You are aware of any inaccuracy or deficiency in the personal data held by us, we shall ensure that they will be corrected or amended as feasible.
- However, we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backups), or for which access is not otherwise required.
- We perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after You delete Your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
6. Information security
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. All information gathered on the Platform is securely stored within the controlled database. Access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited.
8. Questions/Grievance Redressal
In the event you have any grievance relating to the processing of information provided by you, you may contact our Grievance Department, at email@example.com or write to us at the following address:
Psi Phi Global Solutions Pvt. Ltd.,
#3D-3, NIT Faridabad,