Is A Business Email Necessary?
- The whole concept of business has undergone a monumental change.
- As more and more people invest their time on the Internet, the entire business paradigm has also made amendments to continue to be in the thick of things.
- The gradual but assured entry into the virtual world has taken place in several steps, and creating a business email is one of them.
- Since the advent of the email setup, it has undergone a lot of modifications as well.
- Therefore, it is imperative that the various aspects and the setting up of a business email are discussed in detail so that you can gain adequate expertise to integrate it into your organisation conveniently.
What Do You Mean By A Business Email?
- Whenever someone talks about an email address, the first names that come to mind are google and yahoo.
- However, these generic names are ubiquitous and do not have a unique identity of their own.
- On the other hand, a business email uses your company's name or organisation as a domain name instead of the aforementioned generic ones to add some level of professionalism as a whole.
Why Do You Need A Business Email?
Whenever you create an email id with a generic name, you might have realised that the name already exists. This is because a lot of people use these names for several purposes. Therefore, when you create an email account with the business name, it stands out from the crowd. The main reasons for doing so are-
- It exudes a sense of professionalism as your company starts gaining some impetus in the market.
- Since the name is unique, customers can remember it easily.
- The customers can easily place their trust in your company because they believe it is a legitimate organisation.
- It can act as a style of advertising and promotion as well. Email newsletters have been used for this purpose for quite some time now.
What Are The Steps To Create A Business Email?
- It may sound slightly complicated at the outset, but it is one of the easiest processes that anyone can engage in.
- All you need to do is have a domain name registered to your organisation and create a website.
- During the creation process, you may need to make a small investment in buying a domain name.
- After doing so, you need to hire a web hosting company to take care of the emails.
- Some hosting companies charge an excessive amount of money for doing so while some do it for a minimal rate with a lot of discount for businesses in their relatively nascent stage.
- However, the steps involved in the creation of the email remain more or less the same.
Here are the steps involved in creating a professional business email-
Setting Up A Domain Name for The Business
- The first thing you need to do is visit a web hosting company website and click on the "get started" button.
- The first thing that you should encounter in doing so is a page with all the prices.
- It will depend on the number of days for which they will provide you with the service and the features provided along with it.
- It is rare to find free web hosting companies, and even if they do, the services provided will not be of the highest quality.
- Therefore, it is always better to rely on a reputed hosting company and pay a minimal amount for it.
- You can primarily determine by the budget your organisation has.
- The next step after this is the selection of a proper domain name.
- Once that is done, the hosting company performs a check to see the availability of the name.
- In case it is already taken, they also suggest alternative names with specific tweaks that can work for you.
Some tips that you should keep in mind when choosing a domain name are-
- The domain name should have a .com or a .net for best acceptance in general.
- The domain name should be such that it is pronounced easily.
- It will make it easy to remember, as well.
- It is recommended not to use any numbers or symbols in the domain name.
- Not only does it become difficult to remember, but it also does not register to the subconscious mind easily.
- Therefore, there is a chance that the customers can get confused with it.
- Ensure that your domain name has a specific keyword attached to it that makes it even more conducive.
- For example, adding the location of the company to the name can be a potent idea.
- The strategy behind it is to reveal as much important information as possible.
- This may not seem to be an essential parameter for the business to flourish for some people, but they could not be more mistaken.
- The domain name is going to be the flag-bearer of your business for the longest time possible.
- Therefore, it is always recommended to invest some time in getting the best domain name for maximum benefits.
- After confirming the name, the next step is to add all the other necessary information and then finalising the account with the appropriate package.
- You can go for the basic package when starting with a business and then slowly upgrade to the better versions.
- There are always some additional packages available that give special features to your web hosting.
- You can either add them initially or do so when convenient.
- The final step here will be to make the payment through a valid portal.
- Once that is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation and a Login credential, which you can use to enter the control panel.
- You can access all the features of your business email from it.
- It enhances not only the management of the business email but also the website in general.
Creation Of The Business Email Account
- Once all the previous steps are executed, you need to go to your web hosting company's dashboard and head over to the 'Email' section.
- A tab with the option of adding an email account will be present, which needs to be utilised.
- The login credentials you received in the previous step after payment need to be entered here, followed by clicking on "Create Account".
- You will get a success message following this.
Proper Usage of The Business Email Account
- After creating the business email account, the next and most crucial step is to learn to use it.
- You need to go through the web hosting portal a couple of times to get used to it.
- In most cases, it is pretty user-friendly, and the navigation is relatively simple.
- The primary purpose that this business email is going to serve is to let you send and receive emails for work purposes, which might be to your customers or other agencies you are dealing with.
- Once you open the 'Email Accounts' tab on the 'Email' section, you will get all the features of creating the email over here.
- There is an option to directly go to the webmail from the landing page by clicking on the 'Access Webpage' link.
- You do not need to create a shortcut on the desktop and cause any cluttering as you are eligible for direct access here.
- Some web hosting companies do not have the provision to keep your hosting account login.
- At the same time, some provide the option of setting up a mail client and linking it to your existing email to ensure that your access becomes more effortless.
There is no denying the fact that a business email has its perks and advantages. If you start a new business and want to impact the online market, creating a business email is one of the most effective methods.
1) How To Start A Stationery Business?
2) How to Avail MSME Certificate?
3) How Small Businesses Afford Digital Marketing?
4) How to Get Your Business Verified on Instagram?
5) How to get your business listed on the Stock Exchange?