Table of Contents:
1. How To Start Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra?
The 'Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP)' is a government-approved campaign that was launched to provide quality medicines at affordable prices to the people via dedicated outlets. These outlets are called 'Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendra' or 'PMBJP Kendra' and are present all across India. It was launched by the Department of Pharmaceuticals in association with Central Pharma Public Sector Undertakings. The PMBJP scheme was launched to reduce the pressure off people Googling for Government Medical Shop Near Me regularly.
The Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra currently focuses on producing generic medicines at a much lower price. The PMBJP scheme created medicines potency is pretty much the same as compared to expensive branded medicines available OTC (over the counter) in other local pharmaceuticals in the market. Currently, over 6500 PMBJP Kendra(s) are functioning all over India, providing over 8k+ generic medicines and surgical products at a lower price. In the rural areas of India, quality healthcare is still deprived to many people mainly due to the high-priced charge of branded medications and operational consumables, hence, making them easily exposed to general diseases that can be easily treated. This flagship program (PMBJP Scheme) targets to provide easily affordable healthcare to the underprivileged.
2. Who Can Apply For Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra?
To obtain the best coverage throughout India, the Indian Government allows individuals to open PMBJP Kendras and grant profitable incentives. You can also open a Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana if you hire a B.Pharma/D.Pharma degree holder. There's also a chance to open a PM-JAY Kendra at government hospital premises, however, the partiality is provided to an NGO or charitable trust in this case. However, you can open a PMBJP Kendra, only if:
- You are a registered doctor
- You are a B.Pharma/ D.Pharma degree holder
- You are a registered medical practitioner
3. Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana Eligibility
The conditions to apply for a Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana Eligibility are:
- You must have a self-owned, or leased store space of 120 square feet and more, with all legal documents ready.
- You'll also need to present the name of the pharmacologist listed with the respective state council.
If the applicant is from the SC/ST category or is differently-abled status, he/she needs to accommodate the required certificates as proof. If you fulfil the above-mentioned conditions for the Jan Aushadhi Application Form Online today. Adjacent to this, you can also apply via the offline process, in which you're required to download the Application Form for opening a Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendra (PM-JAY Kendra).
4. Jan Aushadhi Application Form Online
You will need to fill the application form and send it to the Bureau of Pharma Public Sector Undertaking of India (BPPI), the implementing agency of PMBJP Kendra at the following address:
Bureau of Pharma Public Sector Undertakings of India (BPPI),
8th Floor Videocon Tower, Block E1, Jhandewalan Extension, New Delhi – 110055 Tel – 011-49431800
BPPI is responsible for the procurement of generic medicines at lower prices, marketing, distribution, and monitoring of PM-JAY Kendras. Many Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendras have taken up the task of providing ration kits, cooked food, free medicines etc., to the needy people during the lockdown, apart from selling cheap and quality generic medicines. It costs approx 2.50 Lakh Rupees to start PMBJP Kendra. But this cost is majorly borne by the government.
5. Government Medical Shop Near Me- Profits and Incentives
Opening a Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra is a very profitable business opportunity, as along with earning consistent profits, you'll also play a key role in modifying the healthcare services in India.
Following are the monetary incentives granted to PM-JAY Kendra operator:
- A Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana retailer is provided with a 20 per cent margin on MRP of each generic drug and a 10 per cent margin if you're a distributor.
- If your PM-JAY Kendra is attached to the BPPI systems, you can get up to a maximum of Rs 2.5 lakh of incentives yearly. This is calculated with 15 per cent on the monthly sales of your store with an upper ceiling of Rs 10,000. For all the northeastern states, Naxal-affected and tribal regions, the limit permits up to Rs 15,000.
- PMBJP Kendra operators falling under SC/ST category applicant and differently-abled will be given medications worth Rs 50,000 in advance.
- The government medical shop near me operators will be given a compensation of Rs 1 Lakh on purchase of furniture and instruments and an additional Rs 50,000 on procurement of computer, printer and internet services.
- 2% of complete sales or original loss will be provided against all expired medicines. Also, the expired drugs would be considered as a loss for BPPI, not the retailer or distributor.
- A 30-days free-credit period shall be provided against a post-dated cheque.
Therefore, as a retailer, on a monthly sale of 1 Lakh Rupees, you can earn a commission of Rs 20,000 and Rs 10,000 as an incentive. Alongside, the enterprise cost is also compensated by BPPI to a large extent.
6. PMBJP Scheme
Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra offers an outstanding opportunity for people and doctors in rendering affordable drugs to every citizen of India and is also a viable trading model. Individuals and doctors with legitimate licenses to open the shop are also eligible to take a loan under business loan for doctors segment and personal loan for doctors to adhere to the initial Capex requirement.
Both personal loan and business loan for the Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana Eligibility provide flexible loan facilities with loan tenure ranging around 12-60 months, with no collateral and online account access to manage plus track your loan account anytime, and anywhere.
7. PMBJP Kendra
The documentation and other requirements for Jan Aushadhi Application Form Online shall be validated and approved at the Official Headquarters Address for Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra- 8th Floor, Videocon Tower, Block E-1, Jhandewalan Extension Delhi, India-110055.
The official Helpline Number for PMBJP Kendra is- 1800 180 8080.
Medicines are available up to 90 per cent cheaper at PMBJP Kendras, as they are generic medicines. The local people are getting quality medicines at affordable prices from these centres. There are 3 categories to open Jan Aushadhi Kendra.
- 1st Category- Any person, unemployed pharmacist, doctor or registered medical practitioner can start a store.
- 2nd Category- Trust, NGO, Private Hospital, Society Self Help Group.
- 3rd Category- Nominated agency by the State Governments.
We hope that our detailed guide on how to open Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra turned out to be useful for you. The government of India has set a target of increasing the number of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras (PMBJKs) to 10,000 by March 2024. The number of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra has increased to 7,836 as of June 11, 2021. That is, there's still a lot of scopes left. By taking advantage of this opportunity, you can open your Jan Aushadhi Kendra.
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in- English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.OkCredit is 100% Made in India.