Target Market Analysis Example
- Having information about their target market and the audience is essential for every business.
- Today, there is vast competition, both online and offline in almost every industry.
- With the latest market research and data about customers' buying behaviour, companies can make much-needed changes in a product or service's marketing strategy.
- From multinational companies to the small and medium-sized businesses, regularly working on the product or service to make it better will undoubtedly help grow the business.
- This article will get to know different marketing research methods on your target market and audience and how you can implement all the research data to overtake your competitors.
- Here are some practical ways of researching your market and building a better connection with your target audience.
1. Competitor Analysis
- Checking out your competitor while researching your target market and the audience will give you many helpful details.
- You can visit your competitor’s business website or social media pages to know their marketing strategies and their audience's engagement level for a particular niche.
- From the comments section and user review section, you can read about the audience’s reaction and suggestions for specific products or services.
- Analysing your competitor’s marketing strategy will provide you with a lot of knowledge regarding the customers' needs and what mistakes your competitor marketers are making.
- Competitor analysis will help you avoid the same mistakes other marketers are making in your industry.
- You can also creatively make your marketing strategies and products for your target audience according to the information you will collect while doing competitor analysis.
2. Analyse Your Product/Service
- While researching your target market and audience, it is crucial to analyse your product or service.
- By regularly analysing your product or service, you can make it more useful and better for your target customers.
- You can compare your product or service with your competitors to know what improvements and updates you should do to make it more relevant and competitive in the market.
- There are many ways to analyse your product or service.
- You can discuss it with your product management team or read your customer’s feedback to know the standard demands and complaints you are getting.
- By understanding all your customer's needs and requirements through feedback, you can get a lot of information to grow your target niche and industry.
- Working on a common suggestion and solving the customer’s complaint and not repeating the same mistake can take you far ahead of your competitors.
3. Market Segmentation Research
- Research about your customers and their demographics to know about them better.
- There are many analytical tools available to know your business's insights and know which group of people are more likely to buy your product or service.
- By knowing your existing and engaging customer’s groups like age, gender, location, etc., you can make the right decisions for your business and change the strategy accordingly.
- You can make your marketing strategies and advertising campaigns more effective by targeting a specific group of customers interested in buying your product or service.
- By researching your customers' demographics, you can reach your target audience of a particular age, location, or gender more effectively and increase your leads and sales.
4. Pricing Research
- Pricing is one of the crucial factors of the product or service to improve the business's sales and growth.
- Many marketers neglect this significant factor, resulting in business failure because of the overpricing of the product.
- You can research the price customers are willing to pay for a particular product or service to improve sales and profit.
- There are different ways to explore the right price for your product or service.
- Conjoint analysis and the Gabor-Granger technique are among the most effective and simple methodologies to research the right price.
- The pricing strategy's right approach can make your product or service famous in your industry and increase your brand awareness and reach.
- Customers like to compare the pricing and the features of the product before buying it with competitive pricing.
- You can get a lot of new customers and retain the existing ones.
5. Know Market Trends
- Knowing different trends of the market will certainly help in the process of market research.
- Trends can be expected or unexpected, depending on the previous data and statistics.
- Trends can create a significant impact on sales as it changes the buying behaviour of the customers.
- It would help if you made specific changes in your marketing strategy and business according to the industry trends.
- To know customers’ current trends and needs, you can research the most searched keywords on the internet from many free tools.
- You can also check out the most trending products and their benefits for the consumer.
- Having all the information about the latest trends and statistics about your industry and niche will keep you updated and help you in the decision-making process.
- Making changes in your product or service according to the trend and customers' needs will result in its rapid growth.
6. Running Survey
- To know more about your market and customers' preferences running surveys can be a good option.
- You can either run a survey or study recent surveys based on your industry and niche.
- You can ask customers questions about what changes they would like to see for the product or service.
- It is easy and doesn't take much time.
- You can request multiple questions in one survey and know your target customer better.
- With the help of survey data, you can make various changes like product design, product price, product packaging, etc.
- There are many third-party companies available to help you with your online surveys.
- Running a survey can help your business solve many problems, and it will undoubtedly improve the overall quality of your product or service.
7. Brand Awareness Research
- To know about how your product is performing and learn more about your market, you can do brand awareness research.
- You can analyse your website's traffic and conversions on your home and landing pages of the website.
- It is free and always available to get all the details from many analytical tools.
- You can visit your most visited page on your website and the bounce rate to know the customer's interest and relevancy of your content.
- It will help you to make your market research even better with all the insights and statistics.
- Apart from researching your website's traffic, you can also do your business's social media accounts analysis.
- You can see which of your posts is getting higher engagement and what people are liking and disliking about your particular product or service.
8. Decision-Making Process
- After researching your target market and the audience, it is crucial to make reasonable changes in the whole marketing and production process.
- You may have to take some tough decisions related to the product or service according to the research data to fulfil your customer's needs and solve their current issue with the brand.
- The data and the statistics available from the research will help in the business analysis process, which will make your decision-making process easy and effective.
- You can compare your different sets of data, including the product's performance in separate quarters and months to make decisions like product pricing, increase and decrease of production, promotion, and marketing of the product, etc.
- As there are many different ways to research your market and niche, you should take advantage of every available data and statistics.
- While doing research, you should consider yourself as a consumer and think from your customers' perspective.
- Every feedback and suggestions from customers are essential to improve the quality of your product or service.
- Keep tracking all the insights and use the different methods of doing market research mentioned above to maintain and grow your business's profit and sales.
1) How To Start A Business From Scratch?
2) How To Start Your Own Franchise?
3) How to Prepare Your Business for Tax Season?
4) How to Hire Staff for Your Small Business? Things to Be Considered & More
5) How To Raise Funds For Your Business?