Successful Marketing Strategies Examples and more.
Why Marketing Strategy Is Important?
- The purpose of marketing efforts is to increase reach, grow traffic, engage with the target market, and finally drive sales.
- So, the amount of effort you put into your marketing activities directly translates into sales.
- However, most businesses are unsure of the right marketing strategies they should follow, and they end up doing trial and error.
- New business owners find that their marketing efforts are not bringing them the desired results in terms of getting more customers or sales.
- If you are in a similar situation, read the list below of a few proven marketing strategies to help you put your efforts in the right direction and experience business growth.
Best Marketing Strategies Of All Time
After immense research, we have compiled the Top 10 best marketing strategies used by companies and organisations.
Convey the value proposition to customers
- Your customers are not interested in your product.
- Rather they are looking for a solution to their problems.
- Hence, you need to communicate how your product/service will solve their problems.
- Tell your customers the value your product/service will provide.
- You can form a statement that clearly states the value proposition by showing the benefits, explaining the value it can add, and mentioning the unique features that place it above your competitors.
- Your value proposition may be in the form of text or visual or a combination of both.
- Put this statement at a place where your customers land first, such as the homepage of your website.
- Once the customers see the value they get out of your product/service they are sure to engage more with you.
Find and Focus on Ideal Customers
- One of the key reasons for a failed marketing effort is not focusing on the ideal customers or the right target market.
- The right strategy is to find your primary customer first and then direct all your marketing activities to persuade this customer.
- If your primary customers are tech-savvy people, you must create a buyer persona and carry out extensive research to understand their behaviour, traits, needs, and problems.
- Once you know them in and out, it’s easy to formulate a comprehensive strategy and assign all your resources to please your primary customer.
Create Product Mock-ups With The Right Messages
- Product mockups provide the best way to showcase your product.
- It’s a great way to tell about your product and how it fits in real-life scenarios.
- Once created, mockups can be used in traditional marketing channels like billboards and print media or digital channels like banner ads and emails.
- Also, make sure that you use the right messaging.
- To do so, you must understand your customer’s pain points and then craft your messages showing how your product addresses those pain points.
- For example – if the pain point is monetary, show how your product has competitive pricing.
- If the customer is worried about support, show them how you take care by providing great customer support.
Use Content Marketing
- Use content marketing as much as you can to reach out to larger audiences and increase conversions.
- Content marketing is the best way to increase the reach of your product and establish a brand image.
- It’s the most cost-effective way to create awareness and build trust compared to the paid marketing channels.
- Consistently publishing high-quality, relevant content helps you establish credibility among your target customers.
- Plus, you can educate your customers about your product and differentiate yourself from the competitors.
- All you have to remember is – keep creating relevant, high-quality content pieces and keep promoting them through the right channels.
Create More Video Content
- Video content is enormously popular these days and hence a more effective means of marketing your product than plain text or image.
- Create engaging and crisp video content to enhance reach and boost conversion.
- You can start making video content from scratch or repurpose your blogs and articles to create videos.
- You can create a variety of video content, from educational videos on your product to animated tutorials and from reviews to testimonials.
- Send your videos through personalised emails or use them on your landing page.
- Make sure that your videos are mobile-friendly i.e. user-friendly interface.
Optimise Content For Search Engines And Voice (SEO)
- Make your content visible to your audience through SEO.
- Although difficult, try to optimise your content for search engines through various SEO strategies and gain organic traffic.
- Promote your product through social media marketing for both paid advertising and influencer marketing.
- Additionally, you should ensure that your content is optimised for search through voice technology.
- As more and more people are using voice searches nowadays, your product must be searchable through voice commands.
- Additionally, once your customer finds you and lands on your website, don’t forget to engage them.
- One of the best ways to do so is by using chatbots on your website.
- Besides engaging your customers, chatbots also help you answer the queries of your customers.
Gather Customer Feedback
- Feedbacks are valuable as they show us the mistakes and improvement opportunities that did not catch our attention.
- You can use surveys, emails, social media, and personal interactions to collect feedback.
- Gathering feedback can be a difficult process unless you automate it.
- Offer incentives for providing feedback and answering questions.
- Ask them questions about what they liked or disliked about your product, what challenges they faced while using it, and what improvements they suggest.
- Remember that collecting customer feedback is an ongoing process as customer needs, and demands are always changing.
Utilise Email Marketing
- Despite the rising use of social media, email remains the number one channel for marketing.
- The reason is - people check their emails multiple times a day.
- You can create your list to easily build a relationship with your customers and simply because emails convert better.
- The best part is – you can automate the entire email marketing process.
- All these factors make email marketing one of the most effective marketing tactics for converting prospects into buyers and then recurring customers.
- For most marketers, email marketing is the key channel to generate leads as it gives a high return on investment.
- So, build and grow your email list.
- Also, try to get an email list of others who use the same target market as yours.
Create An Opportunity To Upsell And Cross-Sell
- Once your marketing efforts start getting you sales, grab every opportunity to maximize revenues and profits.
- Try to upsell the higher version of your product with better features.
- If you are into software and other digital products, you will find many opportunities to upsell.
- Similarly, if your business allows you to cross-sell other related products, then you should go for it.
- These strategies help you get increased profits as well as help you retain your customers.
- Despite the popularity of various online channels in this digital era, organising offline events is also a very effective marketing strategy.
- Events allow you to display your physical presence and connect with your in-person.
- Carry out research, find out your customers’ interests and likings, and present them with the things they love.
- For example, if your research findings show that most of your customers love soccer, then you can think of organising a soccer match and allow them to participate or watch the match.
- Event marketing is a great way to make sure that your customers never forget your brand.
Purpose of Marketing Strategy
- The above strategies are very useful in catching the attention of your prospects.
- Although every strategy has its pros and cons, still a combination of these strategies will get you what you desire.
- Remember, no marketing strategy can get you results overnight.
- However, with a good product or service and a consistent effort, you will gradually see an increase in your prospects, customers, and sales.
- With these strategies, you will easily convert these prospects into first-time customers and your customers into recurring buyers.
Q- Who will benefit from this blog?
- The blog is meant to be used as a guideline for small and mid-scale business owners.
- However, anyone who wants to manage a remote team can benefit from reading this blog.
Q- Does the blog cover all the strategies for managing a remote team?
Ans- No. Only a few significant strategies are explained in this blog.
Q- Is a single strategy enough to manage remote teams efficiently?
- It depends on the nature of your business.
- For some businesses, a single strategy is enough, while you need to use various strategies in combination with others.
Q- Can these strategies be applied to teams working in different time zones?
Ans- The blog mentions some strategies that can particularly be used for teams working in different time zones.
Q- Are the tools mentioned in the blog free?
Ans- Most tools have a free version that you can try out before moving on to the paid versions.