It is no secret that great product promotion strategies attract customers, generate revenues, and boost brand awareness. However, small businesses hit a roadblock in terms of exposure, experience, and funds when it comes to advertising and marketing.
They generally have to work with a tight advertising budget. It can make the entire process quite challenging. However, the good news is that there are several budget-friendly ways to reach your target audience.
You see, every customer expects to hear from his or her favourite brand one way or another. Therefore, companies must make the most of their advertising budget to satisfy their audience. Effective advertising strategies will help them carve a niche in highly competitive markets.
So what marketing moves are we talking about? Keep reading as we outline the best and most affordable advertising ideas that can help your business succeed. We have simplified the process for you by dividing the primary business advertising ideas into three categories:
- Fast and free advertising ideas
- Free advertising ideas that demand a bit more effort
- Quick advertising ideas that demand a little more budget
Let’s get started!
Fast and Free Advertising Ideas
1. Google’s My Business Account
Do you know that Google is the go-to place for over 60% of the customers when it comes to researching their favourite brands? It shows how important Google is for small businesses. Google’s My Business Account is a promising local advertising platform that can turn many small businesses around. Here are some solid reasons why you should go for it.
- It is cost-effective.
- It gives you visibility on Google Search and Map.
- It is easy to use.
- It is a free account.
- It offers a knowledge panel for branded search.
2. Social Media
According to statistics, over 41% of small businesses use social media platforms to drive sales. You can also use these platforms for higher brand recognition, brand authority, and organic online traffic. Here is the list of top social media platforms for advertising your products and services:
You can use these platforms to:
- Introduce new products.
- Educate consumers about the latest offers.
- Interact with the target audience.
- Run contests and polls.
- Roll out promotional content and videos.
3. Hashtag Brands and People on Social Media
Hashtagging is an influential tool that can ensure free local business advertising for your business. It can also help boost social media visibility in several innovative ways. It also makes the content engaging and increases the organic reach of the brand. Here are some essential tips to make the most of the hashtags:
- Use geo-locating hashtags to locate new customers.
- Go for campaign hashtags to introduce a new product line.
- Take advantage of trending hashtags.
- Be a miser when it comes to using hashtags.
- Use the same hashtags on similar posts and platforms.
Free Advertising Ideas that demand a bit more effort
These business ad ideas are also free but need a little more effort from your end. Without much ado, let us check out these ideas.
1. Go for Local SEO
Small businesses generally aim to thrive in the local markets. If you are also one of them, local advertising SEO is the perfect tool for you. It is the practice of promoting your website is a definite local area.
So if you own a café, restaurant, or a shop, you can improve your online presence by appearing in the local search results. Although this tool might demand more effort from your end, the final result is worth every second invested. Here are some DOs for you to make the most of it:
- Make sure you add location-specific keywords only in your website's headings, titles, and content body.
- Publish blog posts or pages specific to the localities you serve.
List your business on all the online directories. Also, make sure the information given is true and uniform across platforms.
2. Email Advertising Plan
A whopping 87% of the small businesses use email marketing to reach their target audience and make new customers. That’s not all; over 81% of the small and medium businesses rely on email marketing for their primary consumer acquisition. And over 80% use this medium for customer retention.
It also allows small businesses to inform their audience about the latest offers through business ads. It is a conversation-rich medium that is persuasive, potent, and can get superb results quickly. Here are some tips to make the most of your email marketing plan:
- Put creativity and thought into the subject lines.
- Run an A/B test to track your performance.
- Attract new customers through joining offers.
- You can use free email marketing services to kickstart your promotional email campaign.
3. Go for Business Awards
Several industries offer business awards that you can win for your company. It comes in the form of an online badge that you can place on your official website. What are the advantages of going for business awards:
- It will promote your business and create confidence in the minds of customers.
- It can boost your credibility.
- It can increase sales.
- It can improve customer loyalty.
- It can create a strong brand value and presence.
Quick Advertising Ideas that demand a little more budget
Here is a list of some advertising ideas that might cost you a buck more, but the result is worth every penny spent.
1. Video marketing
The one tool that has been a staple in the advertising sector for years is video. You would be surprised to know that by 2022, video marketing will drive over 4/5th of the total internet traffic.
It plays a vital role in boosting brand awareness and brand loyalty. You can also use this medium for advertising your business, increasing conversions, and expanding your market. Here is a step-by-step guide for your reference.
YouTube comprises over 95% of the total internet population. Use this powerful tool to carve a niche in the industry.
You see, 84% of the consumers will buy products only after watching videos. Small businesses should upload product videos on their website for maximum conversions.
- Use the Go Live feature to roll out engaging content.
- Connect with your audience through Instagram stories. It offers instant results and will help a brand stay on top of its game.
- You can consider connecting with a video marketing professional for the best results.
2. Content Marketing
Customers go for brands that keep them updated about their upcoming offers and products. And you cannot find a better medium than smartly-crafted content. You see, content marketing has been in the industry for ages, in different forms.
Customers still appreciate sensible, local, and fine-quality written content from their preferred brands. Here are some simple tips to ace this art and make the most of it:
- Make sure the quality, tone, and font of your content are consistent.
- Focusing more on user-generated content will prove to be a masterstroke.
- Your focus should be on readers rather than search engine rankings.
- Know your target audience.
- Understand what, when, and where to post the content.
3. Influencer Marketing
People who wish to transform their small businesses into a brand should go for influencer marketing. Although it is quite an expensive advertising tool, it can take your popularity to another level. Here are some stats to encourage you to try influencer marketing in 2021.
89% of the brands admit that the ROI from influencer marketing is higher than any other advertising channel.
Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook are the top three social media channels for influencer marketing, with 89%, 70%, and 45%, respectively.
Advantages of influencer marketing:
- Increase brand awareness
- Reach new customers
- Improve brand advocacy
- Boost sales
- Drive lead generation
These were some creative small business tips to boost sales and brand awareness. Make sure you understand your target audience’s expectations and demands before betting on an advertising medium.
Using a mix of two or more ideas can also prove to be the ultimate game-changer for you. Last but not least, never hesitate to experiment and identify what works best for you and your business. Good luck!
1) Why are Small Businesses Important to the Community?
2) Where to Get a Small Business License?
3) Best Tips for Small Business Owners
4) How To Get Small Business Loan From Government?
5) OkCredit: All you need to know about OkCredit & how it works.
Q. What are the most popular mediums for advertising in India?
Ans. Social media, email, and influencer marketing are some of the most popular advertising mediums in India.
Q. What are the advantages of advertising for small businesses?
Ans. A simple advertising effort can enhance brand goodwill, expand the market, increase sales, and help your business thrive.