What is OkCredit and why your business needs it?
Businesses in India have been the backbone of the country since independence. From small to large, every type of business contributes to a larger chunk of economic development, however, some issues remain unsolved.
Things like going digital, GST payments, credit-debit management, and business marketing portals. In 2017, OkCredit came first into existence at Google Play Store to create a hassle-free online ledger experience for the small-town businesses and merchants.
Founded by 3 best friends from college, OkCredit was not just a passion-based startup project; it was meant to solve the issues of a common businessman. Let us take the please of answering the frequenting asked questions about OkCredit.
- OkCredit is a mobile-based solution for small business owners and their customers to facilitate the recording of credit/payment transactions digitally all over India.
- OkCredit equips merchants with an uncomplicated and secure means of administering credit, and debt records for their business conducted on an account basis.
- It digitises their transactions and documents payment, hence, diminishing the burden of maintaining paper account books aka Bahi Khata.
- The ability to provide on-demand clarity of the merchant’s record to the shoppers is achievable for the first time.
How to delete a transaction in OkCredit?
- Open any customer account and select the respective transaction by which it will open the next page.
- On the next page, you'll have an option to delete the respective transaction.
How to add notes on OkCredit?
- You can attach additional notes in customers' transactions when you enter any amount.
- Just enter the amount, and at the bottom, you will find an option to Add Notes.
- Click on it, and add notes and attach bill images if you want.
How to add transactions in OkCredit?
- To add any Transaction to a particular customer, click on the particular Customer.
- Select Give Credit (at the bottom) if you have given credit/udhar to a customer or click on Accept payment if you have received the due amount from the customer.
How to send reminders on OkCredit?
- Open a customer account and down the screen, you can see a button called SEND.
- Click on it and hold for 3 seconds to select SMS or WhatsApp to send a payment reminder to the customer.
How safe is OkCredit?
- This simple and paperless application is extremely secure with every patron's personal data.
- Only the registered mobile number along with instant OTP verification is eligible to login.
- It is easily available on both Android and IOS Softwares.
What should I do if my mobile is lost/broken?
- You need not worry about losing your device, as your account data automatically gets locked in the application.
- Every device which you use but has your registered phone number as your Sim Card is easily available for login.
- Only you would be having access to your data, hence, maintaining high privacy settings amongst you and your consumers.
What if my Bahi Khata account is deleted?
- Generally, all of your old data and transactions are saved securely in the OkCredit servers.
- In other cases, if you accidentally edit/remove a transaction or payment you can check it again via the SMS and WhatsApp message that was dropped for the same.
- Just install the app on the new phone and log in using the same old registered number so that you would get all the data back easily.
Is OkCredit an Indian company?
- Yes, OkCredit is an Indian company that was established in 2017 by 3 friends. Its official headquarters are located in Koramangala, Bangalore.
- OkCredit app has had millions of installations within 3 years of its beginning. It's user-friendly interface and multiple language options have made it a trader's choice over the years.
How should I put automatic reminders to my customers?
- You can send WhatsApp or SMS payment reminders to your customers by selecting the due date on the option in the customer's account and manage all your Len-den easily.
- Customers can settle/pay udhar amounts using the same app with UPI or other payment methods.
How many languages are available in OkCredit?
OkCredit is available in 11 languages-
Generally, all of your old data and transactions are saved securely in the OkCredit servers.
In other cases, if you accidentally edit/remove a transaction or payment you can check it again via the SMS and WhatsApp message that was dropped for the same.
How to reset your password on OkCredit?
- Firstly, sign in using your registered mobile number and enter the OTP to login.
- Once logged in then click on the small three lines on top and click on the account section.
- Click on the security section in which you will find the updated password option.
- Click on the update password option and change it.
How to change your registered number on OkCredit?
- Open your OkCredit App, go to your profile section, and then click on your existing mobile number.
- Then verify the mobile number with OTP (One Time Password).
- Enter your new mobile number so that all data will automatically migrate to your new number.
How to earn rewards on OkCredit?
- You can earn rewards by referring the app to your friends, and when your friend registers successfully then you might get rewards as the reward program is random.
- All earned rewards would be transferred to your registered bank account that you have added to the app.
How does OkCredit app work?
- OkCredit is a one-of-a-kind application that helps you maintain a hassle-free online ledger book or Bahi khata.
- It is free of cost and available for all mobile software.
- Being paperless, and digitised, it helps your business have a secure portal for credit and debt related transactions.
- Forget your old udhar khata register & tally software in your computers, as OkCredit is here to take all your Udhaari related worries away.
Who are OkCredit's customers?
OkCredit's customer base has expanded in millions all over India. It is best suited for Indian businesses like-
- 📱Mobile Recharge/Repair/DTH Recharge/Mobile Accessories Shop
- 🏥Medical and Pharmacy Stores
- 🛒Kirana/Provision/Grocery/General Stores & Supermarkets
- 🍛Chai/Condiments/Juice/Snacks Centre
- 👚Cloth/Garment Stores
- 👨Wholesalers and Distributors
- 🍇Cigarette Store, Paan Shop, Fruit Sellers
- 💸Micro-finance/Personal Credit Bookkeeping
What to do when my SMS is delayed via OkCredit app?
If there is any network congestion on the customer's end or if the customer has opted for DND services, then there is a chance that the SMS can be delayed or will not be delivered.
How to stop SMS alerts by OkCredit?
Please send STOP to 56767251 from your number to stop SMS.
How to change the SMS language on OkCredit?
- Just open a customer account and on top click on the customer name.
- On the next page, you can see the SMS language.
- Click on it and change the SMS language of your choice.
How to change language on OkCredit?
- You can click on three small lines on the top left corner of the home screen on the OkCredit app.
- Click on Account.
- At the bottom, you will find the Language section.
- Click and select your preferred language.
How to switch-off SMS alerts on OkCredit?
- Open any customer account, and on the top side of the mobile screen, click on the customer name by which it will open the next page.
- On the next page, you will have an option to turn on/off Transactional SMS for the customer account.
How to set up OkCredit?
Set up your OkCredit account by following these simple steps-
STEP 1- Go to your Google Play Store or App Store and search for the OkCredit app.
STEP 2- After downloading the App, open its main page, and fill in all required details in a customised format.
STEP 3- Choose your preferred language from 9 vernacular options.
STEP 4- Send quick payment reminders and start collecting due payments from your regular or monthly customers.
How to delete customer in OkCredit?
- Open the particular customers' account in the app.
- Click on the top at the customer's name which will take you to the next page.
- On this new page, you will get the option of deleting your current or existing customer.
What if I delete my customer information on OkCredit by accident?
If you edit or delete a transaction then we provide a watermark saying something is deleted, so that you can click on it and check the amount which is deleted.
How to get mini and monthly statements on OkCredit?
Unfortunately, as of now, we don't have an option to download an individual account statement, but you can open the customer account, and on the top right side where you can see a page symbol. Click on it to send Mini and Monthly statements to the customers on WhatsApp.
How to register your business in OkCredit app?
- You can download the app from the play store and register using your mobile number.
- Once registered, then you can add your customer and start recording your daily transactions.
How to reset your account in OkCredit?
- Unfortunately, the option of directly resetting your account or account statement on OkCredit isn’t available.
- Instead, you can just open your customers' account and then first delete the transactions one by one by clicking on them.
- And later you can delete the customer account so that the account statement becomes zero and the entire account becomes like a new account.
How to download my account statement In OkCredit?
- You can click on three small lines on top of the app.
- Then click on the Account section.
- In the Account section, you will find account statements and Backup file options.
- You can generate any of the files to check all the records of the customers and their entries.
- Watch this clip to understand better: Account Summary-OkCredit
How to update customer profile in OkCredit?
- Firstly open a customer account and on top click on the customer's name by which it will open the next page.
- In the next page, you will get an option to update the customer account by clicking on the name and number.
- Please refer to the video for better understanding- Customer Profile- OkCredit.
Download the OkCredit app today and grow your business digitally.
For more information or queries, you can email anytime to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also dial OkCredit customer care number and helpline WhatsApp chat- +91 8296508123
1) OkShop- India's Online Digital Dukan!
2) OkStaff: Your one-stop solution for Staff & Attendance management
3) OkCredit Guide 101: A digital bahi khata for your hardware store
4) How OkCredit Is Making MSMEs A Part Of Digital India?
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.
OkCredit is 100% Made in India.