With advancements in technology, digitisation is also becoming a part of our lives. Be it our work, schools, shopping, banks, etc., digitisation is slowly taking over and has proved to be beneficial so far. Even small business owners and local merchants have started implementing digital solutions in various fields. Digital accounting is one of them. The idea of maintaining your records and statements on a digital bahi khata is gaining popularity, and businesses are increasingly using them. Small businesses, like a general store, pharmacy, grocery store, mobile recharge, DTH, medical, snacks centre, etc., are using online bahi khata to manage their financial records. One such online ledger is the OkCredit application. Every hardware store can use this digital service to keep a tab on their credits and debits, and maintain a record of transactions. So what is the OkCredit app? How to use the OkCredit app for the benefit of hardware store management? Keep reading to know more information about the digital bahi khata, OkCredit application.
1. OkCredit app for hardware store:
A hardware store provides accessories for household improvement, plumbing supplies, lock-keys, hinges, chains, power tools, hand tools, etc., which are required in our houses or commercial places for renovations, constructions, and a multitude of other jobs. One might have a question in mind, do the hardware stores also require the digital ledger app? Yes, definitely. Even they need to deal with everyday credits and payments for their customers and suppliers. So how to use the OkCredit app for the hardware store? Follow the steps given below to know more:
- To set up an account for the hardware store owner, download the OkCredit app from the play store or app store.
- The OkCredit app is accessible from mobile, PC, laptops, and mobile smartphones.
- Once installed, log in using your mobile number, which is verified through the OTP sent to your mobile number.
- After logging in, the user is able to see the interface with options to add a customer or a supplier. For example, if the hardware owner wants to add his supplier, select the supplier option. A new page opens, then add the name of the supplier manually, or through your phonebook.
- It has two options: credit and payment for transactions. For example, if you want to pay the supplier for your purchases, then select the payment option. Then enter the amount.
- You can pay the supplier online through UPI, or directly from your bank account.
- Similar is the process if you want to add a customer to your account.
- In the OkCredit app, there is a profile where the store owner can add all the information about their hardware store, their location, and contact details.
2. Benefits for Hardware store owners:
The OkCredit application is preferred by many business owners as it is easy to use and has a user-friendly interface. Also, it is free to use, so there is not much cost involved in using the OkCredit app.
The hardware store owner can use the app easily, as it does not involve much investment. A lot more benefits are available for the hardware stores by using the OkCredit app. They are as follows:
- Since the OkCredit application is free of cost, it can be installed on any device of your convenience, like mobile, PCs, laptops, etc.
- The user can easily track the cash flow from suppliers or their customers on a centralised system.
- The OkCredit app provides ease of use, thus, it can be used on a daily basis to record transactions and statements of the customers or suppliers.
- If the shop owners are facing the difficulty of keeping track of records, the user can keep a reminder for their customer or supplier for payment of their dues. This setting automatically sends a reminder on Whatsapp or SMS.
- The OkCredit application saves time as well as money, which is a boon for the shop owners.
- The OkCredit app ensures the safety and privacy of the user, since all the data is stored on the cloud, which can be accessed from anywhere, and at any time.
- Another feature that is beneficial for the hardware store is that the user can backup the data on the cloud or in the local storage, which reduces the risk of data loss or theft.
The main aim of the above information was to understand what is OkCredit app and how the hardware stores can use this app for keeping track of their accounting without relying on the traditional bahi khata ledger book. The hardware stores need to perform daily credit and payments from their customers and suppliers. So in order to make the payment hassle-free, and ensure error-free transactions, the OkCredit app can be useful to shop owners. The OkCredit app saves time for the shop owners, which can be used in other aspects of the business. The digital accounting solution has made it easy to record all your transactions in a secured and safe centralised system. Thus, it has become an essential part of their daily business. So if you are a local shop owner or a hardware store owner, go check out the OkCredit application on their website and all the other information you need and install it now.
1) OkCredit: All you need to know about OkCredit & how it works.
2) OkStaff: Benefits, Better Staff Management & More!
3) OkCredit: Simple, Paperless & Secure solution for businesses
4) How Do I Keep Books/Records Intact for a Small Business with OkCredit?
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.
OkCredit is 100% Made in India.
Q. How can the OkCredit app be used for a hardware store?
Ans. The OkCredit app is designed for all the small and medium enterprises that are struggling to maintain their financial records or statements on the traditional bahi khata register.
- To be able to use the app for a local hardware store, you need to download and install the app from the Google Playstore or the app store.
- You need to create an account on the OkCredit app, which requires your mobile number. The number is verified through an OTP sent on the registered number.
Q. How can a user add a supplier to the OkCredit app?
Ans. A user can add a supplier in the OkCredit app by using the following steps:
- Open the OkCredit app, select the supplier section.
- You can add a supplier to your account by selecting the supplier option. Select the number from the contact list or enter all the details manually.
- If the supplier has to make payments to you, select the credit option and enter all the details. You also add a note or a bill in this section.
- If you need to make payments to your supplier, then select the payment method and enter all the relevant details.
Q. Does my supplier also need to install the OkCredit app?
Ans. No, your supplier need not install the OkCredit app. But it is recommended that you ask your supplier to install the application to use the improved feature of the app like the common ledger, which both the parties can share.
While recording any payment or credit transaction for your supplier, an SMS is automatically sent to the supplier with the details of the transaction.
Q. Can my supplier see the transactions of my account?
Ans. If your supplier has also installed the OkCredit app, they will be able to see the digital ledger that you are maintaining for them.
- If you have set up a common ledger for you and your supplier, then both parties can see the record of every transaction. It helps build trust and saves time for both.
- There is a provision for an in-app chat, where both parties can discuss or solve any issues related to your transactions.
Q. Define common ledger in the OkCredit app?
Ans. If your customer or supplier also has installed an OkCredit app, both can share the same ledger. Both you and your customer can view and add transactions in the OkCredit app. Thi saves a lot of time and energy for both parties.