Are you planning to create a small business website? No need to worry, with technological advancement, it becomes easier to create a website without hiring a website developer. Here are some of the best and easiest ways to create your website for small business owners.
How to create a website for business?
1. Choose an attractive domain name
The other name of the domain name is the website address. It is like the address of your website. The chosen name will leave the first impression in the mind of the audience. At the time of practising SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), the right domain name will help. Here are some of the tips that will help the small business in choosing the right domain name:
- Your name should be easy to spell and understood by everyone. Avoid using any slang or esoteric words when you create a business website.
- Keep the domain name always short and crisp
- Make use of accurate domain extensions. Prefer to choose .com.
- Avoid using hyphens or numbers on your website.
- Make the address always broad for facilitating future growth. For instance, Amazon.com falls under the broader website address category compared to the website name Booksonline.com.
- Make sure the domain name chosen by you is easy to memorise. It should reflect well the nature of your business in front of your prospective and present consumers.
- Always make proper research before finalising the domain name.
- Your website URL should be user-friendly.
2. Purchase a scalable and secure certificate that is having a good tech support
The website hosting provider offers technical support to the business for the smooth running of the website. Here the hosting provider connects the domain name with its server.
3. Your website should reflect a good description of the nature of your business
It is a very important aspect of creating a business website. If your ‘ About US’ is good, it makes it easier for your target audiences to understand who you are and what product or services you are dealing with. The about us page is also known as the ‘ Hero Page’. Try to make use of the visual representations and subsequent banners when you are creating a business website. Both footer and main navigation menus, along with your main page links, should be part of your website. Adding these features will drive traffic to your website.
4. Implementation of the best content management system
Make use of the best software to upload the content on the website. It is a way of maintaining your website even on a low-budget. The best part is that there is no need to have any technical knowledge in updating the content on the website.
You can use a good content management system designed to fulfil the unique website requirements and have features like extensibility and are under the budget.
Some of the most popular content management systems are:
5. Creation of memorable, engaging, and an interesting user interface
Even if it is a small business website, always make sure that it is leaving a positive impact and driving a good result in the form of traffic. Here are some tips for creating an impactful user-interface to build a website.
- Using easy-to-read fonts
- Using beautiful graphics
- Do proper research of your competition to understand their way of creating a user-interface. If your website is slow, try to implement the same components as your competitors are using.
- You need to understand that Google is penalising the ranking of slow websites.
- Understand the target audience expectations and needs
- Keep the focus on the brand at the time of designing the website
- Designing an insightful navigation system that will help the users to go through all the website pages easily and quickly.
- Publishing of easily understandable contact information
- Incorporating the necessary ‘ Call to Actions’.
6. Creation of the pages that are standard to small business websites like:
- Home Page
- About us Page
- Product/ Services page
- Sitemap creation
- Management Team
- Contact us
- Privacy Policies
- Additional pages relevant to specific small business
7. Optimisation of the small business website for making it visible on the search engines
SEO is a set of practices you are applying on the website for ensuring better performance of the search engines index and website ranking. Once the website starts crawling on the search engines, it can easily compete with your competitors. Better is your website designing, and higher will be traffic on the website.
Some of the most popular SEO techniques to be used to create a website
- Research and implementation of the appropriate keywords that match perfectly with the website.
- Optimal website coding
- Must have a secured SSL certificate( Standard Security Technology)
- Fast website loading speed
- Creating a mobile-friendly website
- Creation of top-quality backlinks
- Your website includes positive reviews about your products or services online on various platforms like Facebook, Yelp, or Google.
- Using internal links to the website
- Adding social media links to your website (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
8. Regular creation and publishing of quality content
To improve the website’s ranking, it is necessary to publish and update the website content by publishing articles or blog posts on websites and on social media platforms. You can also request customers to write some testimonials. Make sure that it must be high-quality content. It makes the website look appealing and attractive. Always make use of tone that readers or website viewers enjoy.
9. Installation of the webmaster tools
Make use of the data that helps in analysing the performance of the website. The most popular webmaster tools are Google Search Console and Google analytics.
Role plays by webmaster tools in a small business website maintenance
- Records monthly, weekly, or daily website visitors
- Record the number of views on the website
- Time spent by the visitors on an average
- What is the bouncing rate on the website?
- How many links are broken on the website?
- Number of backlinks
- Downloading time of the web page
10. Making a strong website maintenance plan
Maintenance of the website plays a major role in improving the visibility of the website. Here are some ways to create a successful small business website.
Checking of webmaster tools once a month to find out details regarding any of the vital errors.
- Using trafficking data for knowing about the target audiences
- Updating of software
- Running of the security scans to know the website is malware-free
- Using the “ Split Testing “ technique for understanding the variations that occurred on the website. For instance, if your website aims at product selling, there might be two versions of your landing page. The split testing technique helps in understanding the performance of your website.
Hope the above ways will be the right answer to your question of how to create a business website? All these tips boost the chance of creating a successful website at the online marketplace.
1) What are the Benefits of a Website for a Small Business?
2) How To Do Planning & Manage An Online Business?
3) How Many Social Media Sites Can I Promote My Online Business On?
4) Best Home Business Ideas in 2020
5) OkCredit: Simple, Paperless & Secure solution for businesses
Q. Do you know the easy steps to create a successful website?
Ans. 1. Identifying the objective of creating a website
2. Wireframe and sitemap creation
3. Creating of Content
4. Adding graphics
5. Testing of the website
6. Website launching
7. Website maintenance
Q. What domain should one choose to build a website?
Ans. The domain should be selected based on the nature and objective of your website. Always choose a domain name that is easy to pronounce, and you can inform your target audiences even on the phone and are not facing any difficulties in explaining the name.
Q. What are all text formats, graphics, and photos to be used for the creation of a new website?
Ans. Always share the graphics, photos, and text in electronic form.
Q. How long will it take to build a website?
Ans. The time a website takes to build is based on the following factors:
- Website size
- How complex is the website design structure
- Advanced features that are part of the website
- · Content size and pages
Q. What are the main requirements of website designing?
Ans. The main requirements of website designing are:
- Your visions and ideas
- Colour schemes
- Font Style
- Website Content
- Domain Name
- Web hosting provider
- Content Management system
- Webmaster tool