Why Are Blogs Important For Business?
- You might have heard the benefits of business blogs when it comes to promoting the business online.
- Blogs help the company to create an online presence and let the potential customers find you.
- With the right approach, blogs give you something to share on various social platforms.
- Whether you are running an antique shop, grocery shop or any small business, blogging will help your business grow.
- Everything being digital now, and investing in blogging is the best decision.
- The best part is it’s inexpensive to start a blog.
- The first step to start a blog is owning a website.
- After that, all you have to do is add your blog to your WordPress website.
- However, if you do not have a WordPress website, you may require the help of a web developer.
- So, if you're planning to start from scratch, here is the guide to starting the blog for your business:
Starting A Blog
1. Choose the Right Blogging Platform
- There are various blogging websites that you can choose from, but it is advisable to select a user-friendly and versatile blogging platform.
- Some websites let you create your self-hosted blog.
- These blogs are entirely free to make and do not require any technical help.
- However, to run a successful business blog, choose a blogging platform that does not have any restrictions regarding designs, SEO, and functionality.
2. Blog Theme
- One of the best ways to make your business blog attractive is by customising the blog's look and feel.
- Various websites come with a list of free themes for blogs.
- So, choose the blog's theme that matches with the nature of your business and goes with the blog content.
- Moreover, when selecting the blog theme, keep in mind:
- Is the theme responsive? Does it work on tablets, mobile devices, and desktops?
- Does the theme come with some customer support or support forum?
- Can you customise the theme you chose like changing colours, buttons, widgets, navigation menus?
3. Domain Name Registration
- After choosing the blogging platform, it’s time to select a domain name.
- The domain name is the URL for your website, and you can register your domain name through the domain registrar.
- Ideally, your domain name should be the name of your business or its variation.
- Plus, you can trademark your business name too.
- Further, ensure that your website domain is easy to remember and can be easily differentiated from other businesses.
4. Web Hosting
- After you register your domain name, you need to purchase the blog hosting.
- It is easy to buy web hosting through several online rental companies.
- However, the cost of web hosting would differ on all different rental hostings.
5. Create A Plan, And Start Writing
- Now you have your business blog, and you know why you decided to start it in the first place.
- Before diving into your writing, think about the purpose of your blog.
- We have some ideas for you:
- Main Objective- What is the objective behind starting your blog? Are you writing a blog for leads? Or to become an expert in your field?
- Write Often- You might be wondering about the time you need to devote to writing the blog. Writing the blog twice or thrice a week is considered ideal, but nothing is better than writing the blog at least once a week.
- Blog Tone: It is essential to know the tonality of your blog. Do you wish your business blog to be casual? Authoritative? Or academic?
- Connecting with Readers: Ensure that your readers can take action when they are on your blog. There could be a link to the sales page, call to action or an e-mail option on your blog.
- Once the plan for the business blog is in place, focus on writing it.
- Choose the topics that are unique and would add unique insight to the reader.
Here are a few tips that you can try and might be helpful:
Tips On Writing a Blog
1. Keyword Research
- The content on your blog should depend on the type of your business.
- So you need to focus on what your audience is searching for and write about that.
- For this, conduct regular keyword research.
- Keyword research means looking for popular keywords that people are searching for and typing frequently into search engines.
- Keywords can give you topic ideas and also help you rank better on search engines.
2. Incorporate Visuals
- Images in a blog post will boost the engagement on the page.
- This is important because many people have a short attention span.
- Adding images or infographics would help readers absorb the key takeaways from the article.
- This would also increase the time people spend on your blog.
3. Invite Guest Contributors
- Sometimes blogging could be time consuming and monotonous.
- If you want to give your blog a fresh opinion, invite guest contributors to write articles for you.
- Further, you can invite any industry leader to give an opinion or you could interview them for a blog.
- These contributions provide fresh insight and help attract followers.
4. Optimised Blog Lengths
- When it comes to writing an optimal blog post, how long should the average blog post be?
- Well, your blog post should be long enough to convey all the information your audience might be looking for.
- Further, make sure to fit in with all the keywords without over-stuffing them.
- The article should be a detailed quality piece you could be proud of.
- Before uploading the blog post, ask yourself if you’d love to read what you’ve written.
5. Address Customer Queries
- The customer is always the king. So, your blog topics could be inspired by their queries.
- It's like killing two birds with a single stone when you answer customers' questions through a blog post.
- Further, you could answer common questions that are bothering a set of your customers, which will help you generate actionable content.
- Business blogs are considered as one of the most cost-effective and easiest ways to promote business.
- If done right, it will drive traffic to the website, establish industry authority, increase sales, and help reach new markets.
- There are various benefits of business blogs, and a successful blog will promote the business and help in growth.
1) What You Need To Know About Laundry Business?
2) How To Start A Stationery Business?
3) Where Do the Best Business Ideas Come From?
4) 50+ Facts About Small Business People Wouldn't Tell You
5) How Small Businesses Afford Digital Marketing?