Are you planning to open an ice cream wholesale business? If yes, then find yourself a corner to read how to become an ice-cream wholesaler.
Ice cream is one such thing that can chill your soul on a hot summer day and gratify your taste buds on a chilled winter night. But from a business perspective, before opening the ice cream cones wholesale business, you have to consider a whole list.
Step by step guide for understanding how to open an ice cream wholesale business in India
We have mentioned every step for starting an ice cream business in this detailed guide to assist you with beginning and maintaining your ice cream cones wholesale business effectively.
The most proficient method for starting an ice cream business in India:
1. Choosing The Format
The initial aspect of making a business successful is to plan. Several options are quite trending in ice cream parlours which you can consider.
The nitrogen ice cream, in which the flash freezing method is used, is unique as opposed to the conventional churning method. The live ice cream counters could be another attraction where live ice cream would be prepared and served to the customers.
Even the homemade ice cream business has encountered accelerated creativity over the most recent few years. You can consider it with your desired ice cream counter choices like ice cream moves, pre-pressed ice creams, and ice cream cakes are a few of the other counter choices.
The initial step is to choose which sort of ice cream counter you need to open per the market's demands.
2. Selecting A Proper Area To Open Your Ice Cream Business
Once you have chosen what kind of business you want to begin, the next big step is to choose your business area.
Usually, for ice cream cones' wholesale business, an area of 400 – 500sq ft is required. One could even show some out-of-the-box concept by making arrangements in a unique location like an ice cream truck.
While deciding the area of operation for your business, accessible and crowded areas like a shopping mall, the main road, a famous market, or near other food ventures should be given preference. If your location can offer easy accommodation, vehicle parking, pedestrian activity, then it is an added advantage.
3. Choose Your Menu And Promote It
Once you know your operation area, study the area's business environment and accordingly plan your offerings.
You need to decide the menu for further preparations. A menu should be prepared to keep pace with your rivals' products in the market, include your specialisation areas and customer's preferences. Therefore, you have to study and analyse the business environment you are going to deal in.
4. Procurement Of Equipment Required To Open An Ice Cream Wholesale Business
Different businesses like the ice cream cones wholesale business, ice cream cups wholesale business, and other potential ice cream businesses have different equipment requirements and demands. Therefore, the list of equipment should always be made with a two-step approach.
The first step would be to acquire things that need to be purchased new, and the next step is to utilise those things which are already present. Power backup is another essential aspect of this business as ice cream might melt away in power loss instances. Thus, a generator as a backup is additional equipment that is a necessity. The cost of equipment fluctuates with the kind of counter you have chosen.
6. Permits And Paperwork Needed To Open Ice Cream Parlour
Since the ice cream business goes under the food class; therefore, licenses about food safety are required.
Few of the licenses required for an ice-cream business in India are:
- Shop Act Licenses: This license regulates the working conditions and rights of casual workers, contract-based employees, and full-time employees.
- FSSAI registration: It is a compulsory license for any food establishment by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, which regulates the food's quality standards.
- GST registration: It is a compulsory registration for any business unit that helps collect taxes based on government.
- Local Municipal Authority permit: This license checks your business location's appropriateness and is issued by the Municipal authority of that area.
- Fire Permit: This license is issued to ensure the safe use of fire.
The cost of acquiring all the above-said documents is estimated at Rs 50,000. It is advised to take the help of a consultancy to assist in obtaining all the necessary licenses. The whole process can be very cumbersome.
7. Requirement Of Staff For An Ice Cream Business In India
In this setup, you don't need more than two to three people working as staff along with a clerk. You only need staff to serve ice cream to the customers as per their choice or to make ice cream. Since no skilled work is required, anybody with basic skills would suffice.
8. Keeping Up Consistency In Ice Cream Parlour Business
You need to ensure there's consistency in the taste of the ice cream, and this will help customers recognise your distinct flavour and style. Regardless of the number of ice cream parlour chains you have or ice cream cups wholesale you supply, you need to have a consistent flavour, quality, and ice cream serving every single time.
9. What are the Requirements of an ice cream wholesale business in India:
- You need to generate a security deposit of Rs. 25,000 to buy an ice cream franchise in India.
- You need to pay 2 lakh rupees to open an ice cream outlet in India.
- Out of these 2 lakh rupees you pay to the company for the franchise, Rs 25000 is non-refundable as brand insurance. And 1 lakh rupees are spent by the company to redesign the shop, and the rest 750000 rupees is spent on the equipment you will need to run the ice-cream business.
- And for the Ice Cream Scooping Parlour, there is a minimum investment of Rs 5 lakh. Out of the five lakhs, Rs. 50000 is for brand security. Four lakh rupees will be used for redesigning your shop by the company and Rs 1.5 lakh for the equipment.
So, if you plan to open an ice cream cone-making business or an ice cream wholesale business, find a stable investment source, a well-chosen area, and necessary equipment depending upon the counter choice are prerequisites.
Q. Would I be able to begin the ice cream cones wholesale business with 5 lakh rupees?
Ans. Yes, you can begin your ice cream cones wholesale business with 1-5 lakh rupees.
Q. What do I need to start an ice cream wholesale business?
- 100- 300 sq ft shop area.
- Around Rs. 2.25 lacs investment amount.
Q. From where do I acquire the ice cream stock and supplies as a retailer?
Ans. Ice cream wholesale sellers will supply you with a whole range of items at your shop. Just order, and the brand itself delivers the product to your shop. So you don't have to worry about the supplies. Just order and wait for the direct delivery.
Q. What are the primary requirements to start an ice cream business in India?
- Renovate your shop depending on the plan, as instructed by the brand. The cost might range between Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 100,000.
- Brand Deposit: Refundable store of Rs. 25,000 secured for one year.
- Equip the power source with profound coolers, fridges/visi-coolers, chest milk coolers, broiler, apportioning machine, and so on depending on the client profile and anticipated volume of deals.
Q. What profits can I expect from my ice cream business?
Ans. The franchisees following all the practices properly usually turn out to be fruitful. It additionally relies upon your area and the items you can sell. You can potentially recover your interests within a year.