Which Social Media Is Growing Fastest?
- You should never rely on one social media channel to achieve business goals.
- Always choose a combination of channels for posting, quality content, and engaging with your audience to drive traffic to your website.
- If you cannot explain why a social media channel will help you achieve your business goals, then it might not be the best channel for you.
- In short, the purpose of choosing a social media channel should be to aid you in reaching your business goals.
Factors To Consider While Choosing A Channel
Social Media Goals
- You can only measure the performance when you have a set social media goal.
- Depending on the type of business, you can choose any of the following goals or devise one yourself.
- For brand awareness: Select a social media channel like Facebook.
- To generate leads: LinkedIn would be a wise choice.
- To sell products or services: Visual channels like Pinterest or Instagram would be your best bet.
- Before choosing a channel, ask yourself: Where is your target audience?
- For instance, if your target audience is spending most of the time on Facebook or Instagram, then choose that.
- If you are already using this channel, then rework your business strategies and update your business profile to create a strong impact on the mind of your target audience.
- It is one of the most important factors that will help in choosing the right social media channel.
- Knowing where your competitor is building its social media presence will help you in deciding where you should be You have to be where your competitor is.
- It is one of the most important questions you must ask yourself before choosing a social media channel.
- Every platform has its content formats, choose the one which fits well with your brand identity and business goals.
Availability Of Resources
- For making the right channel selection, you must consider your skills and budget.
- Secondly, if you do not have enough resources, you may not be able to use the right skills for creating the right type of content.
Most Popular Channels or Social Media Portals in 2020
- It is one of the most popular social media networks, with almost 2 billion people.
- If we talk from the business perspective, almost 80 million small and medium business enterprises rely on Facebook to advertise their products or services.
- Facebook is the first choice for both B2B and B2C marketers.
- The kind of content that works well for advertising brands are videos, images, traditional text, and stories.
- When we talk about brand promotion, both Facebook and Instagram go hand in hand.
- In the past few years, this network has taken over the popularity of channels like LinkedIn or Twitter.
- 1 billion Instagram users are making it the second-best social media platform.
- It is a mobile visual app that lets users post high-quality videos and images.
- But these videos and images work well when you are using the right hashtags for better user engagement.
- It is the most popular social media platform and search engine after Google.
- If creating and posting videos are part of social media or business strategy, then it is wise to choose this platform.
- Almost every age group is on YouTube to enjoy watching their favourite videos.
- It is the most popular platform among B2B marketers.
- The reason being the audience which consists of business professionals.
- To create a strong impact of your post on this platform, it is a must to make use of on-screen captions.
- The content published on Twitter is quite different from other social media platforms.
- You only have 280 characters to say everything you want to.
- But this does not mean that Twitter is only a text-based platform, you can use GIFs, videos, or images also to grab the attention of your audience.
- Initially, it was considered only a messaging app, but with the launch of the WhatsApp business, brands use the app extensively.
- This app is ideal for small businesses or start-ups.
- You can easily connect with your clients or customers by using tools for automating, sorting, and quickly responding to their conversations.
Q- How to know which platform my target audience is using?
- You can take the help of social media analytics to understand which social media platform is driving more traffic for you.
- You can even check the existing available data to know about demographic spending.
Q- How to check on which social media channels competitors are investing their time, money, and skills?
Ans- There are many apps available online that help in making easy identification of the social channels that your competitors are using.
Q- How to know that content created by me for business promotion works on the channel?
- For this, you need to understand when, where, and how your target audience would like to engage with your published content.
- There are certain content formats available online you can choose the one that suits your channel best.
Q- Which is the most popular social media platform to date?
- Facebook is the most popular social media platform.
- It has almost 2.6 billion active users, which is almost one-third of the world population.
- More than 65 million people use Facebook pages for business reasons and extend the reach of their business via text, images, videos, live videos, and Facebook advertisements.