With cutting edge technology developing rapidly each day, the demand for individuals with excellent computer skills is on the rise. Today’s technologically advanced world also presents endless opportunities for computer experts to get started on their entrepreneurial journey. If you wish to have your own setup, here are 50 business ideas that you can draw inspiration from.
1. Computer training: If you have good knowledge of computers, software and tech devices, computer training is a great option for you to get started.
2. Internet research: For anyone proficient with getting reliable information from the endless resources available online, one of the best computer business ideas is to start an online research business.
3. eBay consultation: For a computer expert with online retail knowledge, eBay consultation is a rather lucrative option as it helps improve the experience of buyers on the platform.
4. IT Consultant: Individuals who are savvy in business software can start an IT consulting firm to offer solutions to various tech issues.
5. Software and Tech Blogging: If you have a knack for writing and are computer savvy, this is one of the best business ideas with low capital investment.
6. Business software application development: Some of the most successful tech-related businesses are app development companies. If you have enough knowledge, you can start an exclusive business to develop customised apps for large and small organisations.
7. Video production: With social media content in high demand, video production, and streaming analytics offer great resources to earn a good income with an entrepreneurial venture.
8. Database management. You can use your expertise to offer simple and secure data management solutions to businesses.
9. Blog consultation: This is one of the best small business ideas if you wish to explore different blog topics and subjects. The actual work can be outsourced while you develop a successful strategy to create blogs that drive better traffic.
10. Computer servicing: Computer servicing offers a lucrative business option for a computer expert with experience in hardware and software solutions.
11. Software developer: Be it accounting software, database management or CMS software, computer experts have the option of starting a business that provides customised software solutions.
12. Software engineers: You can offer services that test any bugs, maintain and upgrade the software or fix any bugs that may exist.
13. Technical writing: Combine your writing acumen and knowledge about computers to write about tech-related services and products.
14. System analyst: Keep the IT infrastructure of any business running smoothly. This includes solving potential problems with software and hardware.
15. Website development: This is one of the most common small business ideas for individuals with extensive programming knowledge.
16. Quality assurance: These services ensure that applications and programs are up to industry and computer standards in terms of quality and functionality.
17. UX services: Your role as a UX service provider is to improve user experience on websites, applications and programs.
18. Community management: A computer expert updates the services and improves the features of these tech programs for better community engagement.
19. Game development: Social media platforms, mobile phones and several online platforms are becoming increasingly popular for gaming.
20. 3D printing: This is a tech industry sector that is emerging as a profitable business idea. You use computers to manufacture or generate products and 3D printing files.
21. Computer assembly and delivering: You can enter a joint venture with retailers for brand new or used computer systems.
22. Cartridge refilling: Provide ink cartridges and toner refilling service to clients. This is a good business option as clients save expenses of buying new products.
23. Computer Rentals: This is one of the relatively new business ideas for computer experts. Rent out computers and other gadgets to businesses on a short term basis.
24. Tech events: Create and manage tech events and fairs that are trending, with many startups offering novel products and services.
25. Computer upgrading: This is one of the small business ideas that thrive on the dynamic nature of the tech industry, offering software and hardware upgrades.
26. Mobile offices and display booths: You can set up mobile offices and display booths for seminars, trade shows and seminars.
27. Freelance bookkeeping: Smaller businesses opt for freelance bookkeeping services to maintain their accounts.
28. Internet solutions: High-speed broadband, dongles and other internet solutions are sought after by individuals and organisations.
29. Desktop printing: Apply designing skills and your computer skills to provide quick and easy publishing services to create customised printed material.
30. Invoice and billing services: You can help businesses ensure that invoices and bills are managed in a timely and organised manner.
31. Photo inventories: This business helps clients keep organised records of their possessions online to protect them from any accidents like a fire.
32. E-book publishing: There are several apps and platforms that provide E-books to customers. Partner with these platforms and publish e-books for them.
33. E-Teaching: Using technology and the internet, a computer expert can easily start online lessons to share specific skills with students.
34. SEO consultation: This is one of the most relevant business ideas for the modern world. Use trending SEO tactics and help businesses improve their rankings on search engines.
35. Social media marketing consultation: Use promotional and analytical tools to manage digital marketing for small and large businesses.
36. Tech tutorials: Detailed tutorials on how to use software and programs is a booming business.
37. Tech support BPO: Set up a team of callers and experts to offer reliable and quick tech support to local and international clients.
38. E-waste management: E-waste disposal is one of the most lucrative and fast-growing business ideas if you have a good tech community network.
39. Virtual assistant: This is a global industry where companies and individuals hire virtual assistants to take care of daily tasks like answering emails, customer support and more.
40. Computer backup service: Regular backup of any organisation’s data and information is usually outsourced to other organisations or freelancers. You can take up such work.
41. Data recovery service: For large and small businesses, reliable data recovery services are very important to ensure that they do not lose official files and documents.
42. Domain reselling: Purchase several domains from providers and sell them to clients who need a website.
43. Server installation business: Installing and upgrading servers is a profitable business with the increasing size of the IT industry.
44. Computer store management: Get licenses from popular brands and set up your store to sell hardware and accessories.
45. Web hosting services: Provide web hosting services to website owners with affordable packages and options.
46. Smartphone repair services: Fixing any software or hardware related issues with smartphones is one of the most popular business options for a computer expert.
47. Computer manufacturing: Although this requires a huge investment, it is one of the best small business ideas if you have the right skill and knowledge for it.
48. Computer accessory retailer: Set up a store with the latest computer accessories that are compatible with modern hardware.
49. Social media influencer: Providing tech-based content on various social media platforms can earn you several followers and endorsements.
50. E-commerce seller: Set up your own e-commerce store to sell goods and products of your choice.
Whether you are looking to start afresh or want an additional income source, these business ideas allow you to utilise your knowledge of computers positively and profitably.
1) Top-10 Business Ideas for Indore
2) What Are the Business Ideas I Can Look at If I Am an MBA Graduate?
3) 20 Business Ideas for Stay-At-Home Parents
4) OkCredit: Simple, Paperless & Secure solution for businesses
Q. What are the options for small businesses for computer experts with minimal investment?
Ans. There are several options, including invoicing, accounting, virtual assistance, design and online training, that only require you to invest in a good computer and some software.
Q. Do I need a license to open a computer repair shop?
Ans. No, A license for repairing computers is not mandatory. There are other licenses like shop act license and business registration that you need to take care of.
Q. What degree do I need to start a computer showroom or store?
Ans. You do not need any specific qualification. All you need is a good understanding of computers and the ability to drive sales.
Q. Do I need to be good at designing to start a website development business?
Ans. No, You can outsource the designing tasks to companies or freelancers while you program the website for necessary functionality.
Q. Is a computer servicing business lucrative?
Ans. Offering services like repair, upgrading and servicing computers can be lucrative for individuals who have the necessary skills to carry out these tasks successfully.