Shampooing cleans your scalp from sebum, dirt, or residue from other hair products. Additionally, it helps oily hair conditions, exacerbated in sweltering geographical locations. It reduces hair loss and cortisol, called the “stress hormone”. It aids water in effectively removing dirt, debris, and odours such as fumes, smoke or swear. Hair derives its oil from glands, which secrete sebum, which keeps hair nourished.
A few well-known shampoo brands in India:
1. Clinic Plus
It is one of the most reliable shampoo brands in India. It prevents hair fall and strengthens hair from the root to its tip. It helps in daily hair care — nourishment and moisturisation, straightening and smoothening, repairing damaged hair, deep conditioning, and scalp cleansing. Its milk protein formula leaves your hair smooth and strong with the first wash. It keeps the hair thick and bouncy, removing all the dirt and keeping it clean and healthy.
Location: Unilever House, B.D Sawant Marg Chakala, Andheri, Mumbai.
- Strong And Long Shampoo: Contains milk protein and multivitamin formula strengthening and making hair longer.
- Strong And Shine Shampoo: Contains egg protein, making hair strong and shiny.
- Naturally Long Shampoo: Contains natural ingredients like Amla, Shikakai, and Reetha, encouraging hair growth and strength.
- Strong And Thick: Contains almond oil with milk protein making the hair thick and strong.
It is one of the famous shampoo brands in India. It aims to bring wellness and joy to the homes through its herbal solutions based on science. Its CSR initiatives help transform people's lives for the better.
It has adopted eco-friendly formats and structures, supported by material innovation for its packaging, aiming to reduce the carbon and environmental footprint. It has introduced many brands like Septilin, Cystone, Bonnisan, etc., by winning the customers' trust.
Other than shampoos, it also offers lip balms, toothpaste, face wash, neem and turmeric soap, cucumber and coconut soap, pain balms, etc.
Location: Himalaya Wellness Company, Makali, Bengaluru- 562162.
- Anti-Hair Fall Shampoo.
- Anti-Hair Fall Hair Oil.
- Natural Shine Henna.
- Anti-Dandruff Shampoo.
- Gentle Daily Care Protein Shampoo.
- Anti-Dandruff Hair Oil.
- Protein Hair Cream.
- Dryness Defense Protein Shampoo.
- Damage Repair Protein Shampoo.
- Anti-Dandruff Conditioner.
Also Read: Best Toothpaste Brands in India
Another one of the finest shampoo brands in India. It is used for daily hair care, preventing hair fall, nourishing and moisturising hair, and preventing dandruff. Their products are made of 100% organically-pure ingredients, free of preservatives, using renewable resources gathered from the Himalaya foothills. It also offers face wash, face scrubs, face packs, tan removal scrubs, sunscreen, moisturising cream, brightening cream, hydrating cleansers, toners, makeup cleansers, lip balm, eye creams, anti-acne face packs, face cream, peel-off masks, eye gel, facial kits, etc.
Location: Bio Veda Action Research Co. Corporate Headquarters D-105, Phase 2, Noida- 201305.
- Bio Thyme-Volume Conditioner.
- Bio Watercress-Fresh Nourishing Conditioner.
- Bio Green Apple Shampoo And Conditioner.
- Bio Kelp Protein Shampoo For Falling Hair.
- Bio Soya Protein Fresh Nourishing Shampoo.
- Bio Walnut Bark Shampoo.
- Bio Flame Of The Forest Hair Oil.
Also Read: Top Hair Colour Brands in India
It is one of the most loved shampoo brands in India. Indulekha Bringha Shampoo is an Ayurvedic medicine that helps in reducing hair fall. It is made of Neem, Shikakai, Tulsi, and Amla, rich in minerals, micronutrients, and vitamins. It also consists of rosemary oil, preventing scalp itchiness and promoting thicker hair. Furthermore, it is free from parabens, synthetic dyes, and synthetic perfumes. Also, it strengthens hair follicles. It is 100% natural with fragrance and colour; ayurvedic experts recommend it.
Location: Hindustan Unilever Limited, Unilever House, B.D Sawant Marg, Chakala, Andheri(E), Mumbai- 400099.
- Bringha Anti-Hairfall Shampoo.
- Bringha Hair Oil.
- Bringha Anti-Hairfall Hair Cleanser.
- Neemraj Hair Oil.
It is one of the most trustworthy shampoo brands in India. It contains both chemical and natural ingredients and is suitable for hair types with a gentle cleanser. Additionally, it adds shine to the hair, makes it soft and silky, cleanses the scalp, detangles hair, hydrates, and smoothens it. It removes excess oil, keeps the hair bouncy and healthy, and solves the problem of hair loss, helping in hair growth.
Location: P.O Box 14760, Mumbai 400099, Maharashtra, India.
- Perfect Straight Shampoo And Conditioner.
- Long And Healthy Shampoo.
- Lusciously Thick And Long Conditioner.
- Long and Healthy Growth Conditioner.
- Nourishing Soft And Smooth Shampoo And Conditioner.
- Black Shine Shampoo.
- Almond And Honey Shampoo.
- Coconut Water And Aloe Vera Shampoo.
- Green Tea And White Lily Shampoo.
- Golden Hairfall Solution Shampoo.
Also Read: Best Detergent Brands in India
Your hair is a part of who you are, and you must take care of it. You can care for your hair and provide the nourishment it requires by choosing the right shampoo for your hair type. It deserves protection from shampoos containing harmful chemicals. Picking a shampoo that fits your budget and solves your hair-related problems is a task. You can select the best shampoo available that has no chemicals and comprises natural ingredients. Pick any of the best shampoo brands in India that would be suitable for your frequent haircare.
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.
OkCredit is 100% Made in India.
Q. Which shampoo is good for your hair?
Ans. This depends on your hair type, length, quality, and texture. It also depends on the problem you face related to your hair and the root cause of your hair damage. Shampoos with natural ingredients are considered better for most hair types, and this can be more often due to their mild nature. Moisturising shampoos can be used for adding moisture and smoothening hair. Volumising shampoos are the best to add an extra boost to fine hair. Anti-breakage shampoos are used for damaged, highlighted, and weakened hair. Thus, the best shampoo for your hair depends on your hair type.
Q. Who should shampoo daily?
Ans. A few people have to shampoo daily — people with fine hair, people living in humid places, and people exercising and sweating excessively. Most with oily scalps have to wash their hair daily. Frequent washing is helpful for those who experience a dry scalp resulting in dandruff. People with oily scalps may develop acne on the scalp or along hairlines. Therefore, they must wash their hair frequently to keep it clean, reducing pore clogs.
Q. What are the alternatives to shampooing?
Ans. You can use other ways to make your scalp look and feel clean. These are:
- Dry Shampoo: This is a powdery, fragranced agent that absorbs oil. It extends the time between shampoos, especially those with fine or oily hair. Dry shampoos do not remove dirt and may cause powdery accumulation, irritating the scalp.
- Detergent-Free Shampoo: These are free of sulfates and harsh cleansers. They condition your hair gently and do not get rid of essential oil. It is suitable for those with dry or curly hair, and those who want to wash their hair daily but are concerned it would cause damage.
- Conditioner-washing: This is when someone uses a conditioner or special cleansing conditioner instead of shampoo. It may fully replace normal shampoos if they do not use heavy styling products.
Q. What are the different types of shampoos?
Ans. The leading shampoo brands in India provide the following types:
(i) Regular Shampoos: A regular hair shampoo is for those with no special hair requirements. These are gentle cleansers with basic chemicals designed to remove normal sebum production without depriving your strands of their natural oil, moisture, or gloss.
(ii) Everyday Shampoo: Those with oilier hair need to shampoo frequently, which is where everyday shampoo comes in. It is a gentle cleanser with significantly fewer surfactants. These are also soap and alkaline-free, making them suitable for everyday use.
(iii) Clarifying Shampoo: It is suitable for those using a lot of styling products regularly. It cleans deeply, removing build-up in the hair and scalp caused by styling products.
(iv) Moisturising Shampoo: It helps to strengthen and shine your hair. It is not recommended for those with oily hair.
Q. Which shampoo is the healthiest?
Ans. The healthiest shampoos for your hair are the ones that contain natural and ayurvedic ingredients. These shampoos are excellent for your hair because they do not include any toxic substances or chemicals. Look for products that have the richness of Amla, Bhringraj, Shikakai, Reetha, and other herbs that promote hair development.
|We hope our article turned out to be useful for you. For more such informative content, you can visit these linked articles as well:|
|Best Ghee Brands in India||Best Tea Brands in India||Best Gas Stove Brands in India|
|Best Chocolate Brands in India||Best Mattress Brands in India||Best Cycle Brands in India|