Cement is one of the most important materials used in construction. It is used in all kinds of constructions, making it extremely valuable in the field of civil engineering. It is used to construct everything from buildings to bridges, dams, culverts, lighthouses, tunnels, and more. It is used like a binder in concrete, which is required for different constructions such as roads, schools, sports, housing, staircases, patios, pool decks, and much more.
Top Cement Brands in India
If you are planning to build a home for your family, the first question that will come to your mind is which cement brand will be best for the construction project. We all want to build a home that will stand the test of time, remain strong, and stay stable even in adverse conditions. It is an important investment, so no one wants to compromise on cement quality.
Being the second-largest producer of cement in the world, India can produce over 151 million tons of cement every year. Here is a useful list of the top cement brands in India that you can use for your construction projects.
1. Ultra Tech Cement
One of India's biggest white and grey cement manufacturing companies, Ultra tech cement, is a part of the Aditya Birla Group. It is the only company in the country with the capacity to manufacture over 100 million tons of cement in one country. With its presence in 5 countries, including India, Bangladesh, Bahrain, Sri Lanka, and UAE, the company has 20 integrated plants, over 25 grinding units, and 7 bulk terminals. The brand is ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001, and ISO 14001 certified.
- Can produce over 100 million tons of cement.
- Operating from Vikram Cement Works - one of the biggest cement plants in Asia.
- It Has over 12000 employees belonging to 35 different nationalities.
- One of the biggest cement exporters in India
- One of the best prices and most cost-effective options
2. Ambuja Cement
Another popular cement brand in India with an eco-friendly initiative, Ambuja Cement, was founded in 1983 by Mr Suresh Kumar Neotia. With over 20 years of experience, the brand is known for its sustainable development practices.
With its headquarters in Mumbai, the brand has its reach across numerous states, such as Rajasthan, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Himachal Pradesh.
- The brand has various advanced products like Ambuja Compocem and roof special cool walls.
- They are operational in over 80 countries at present.
- In India, they have over 2200 operating sites.
- The cement brand is considered best designed for the Indian climate.
- The brand also provides home-building solutions.
3. JSW Cement
With headquarters in Mumbai and 3 cement plants in Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Karnataka, JSW has made a stronghold over the market. Established in 2009, the company aimed to produce eco-friendly and sustainable solutions for cement production. JSW Cement is available in three variants – Portland, Portland Slag, and Ordinary Cement. This brand is considered to be one of the best in the country in terms of quality.
With Mr Sajjan Jindal as the managing director, the company produced over 12.8 MTA of cement and is one of the top cement brands in India.
- The company employs over 900 employees.
- One of the most trusted brands in the country, particularly in Western India.
- The cement is priced affordably at INR 330 per bag.
- They have a strong market base in Southern India.
- The cement is considered the best quality cement in the country.
4. Birla Cement
Another major cement brand in the country, Birla Cement, comes from the MP Birla Group of Companies. The company also has a strong footing in the healthcare, jute, steel, and education sectors, along with cement. With its headquarters in Kolkata, the brand was launched in the early 1890s. It is another one of the best cement brands in India.
Birla Cement has over 10 manufacturing plants in the country. They offer different varieties of cement, such as Portland Slag Cement, low Alkali cement, and Fly ash – based cement. The company has a strong presence in the Northern part of India and has ISO 9001:2000 certification covering the entire range.
- One of the biggest flagship conglomerates of MP Birla Group
- Offering different varieties of cement
- The brand has a production capacity of over 15.5 MTPA.
- Available in tamper-proof packaging.
- Comes with a home building guide for the customers.
5. Shree Cement
Founded in 1979, Shree Cement is another one of the biggest cement brands in India. The company was founded in Jaipur but has now moved its base to Kolkata. The company also owns two more brands of cement – Rockstrong Cement and Bangur Cement. The brand is spread across various states, including Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Uttarakhand. The cement offers great affordability and high quality.
- The brand has the capacity to produce over 40 million tons of cement every year.
- The cement is available at an affordable price of 280 per bag.
- One of the most trusted cement brands in India.
- Well-known for their high purity product
- The brand factories follow all industry norms strictly
6. Ramco Cement
Formerly known as Madras Cement, the brand Ramco Cement was established in 1975. With its headquarters in Chennai, it is one of the most popular cement brands in the country, especially in Southern India. The brand is most known for the production of portable cement. With over 8 manufacturing plants all over the country, it has its reach across the board.
Ramco Cement is considered the best brand for plastering using premixed dry mortar.
- They have a huge production capacity of over 16.5 million tons per year.
- They cater to the domestic market only at present.
- They employ all sorts of quality controls as per the present system.
- Since they are catering only to the domestic market, you can expect service that is more dedicated.
- They use all modern quality control systems.
7. Binani Cement
One of the flagship products of Binani Industries, the brand was founded in 1996 by Mr Vindo Junega. The company is best known for its reputation gained over the years. The brand is certified by the Merit of Energy Conservation in Cement under the Ministry of Power. With headquarters in Mumbai, the company has over 500 in-house employees and a plant in China producing PPC cement.
- One of the prized products from the Binani groups.
- They are capable of producing over 11025 million tons of cement per year.
- Amitabh Bachchan is the company's brand ambassador.
- The brand has a well-established sales network in the country.
- They offer international quality products.
Besides the above-mentioned top cement brands in India, there are a number of other companies as well that are most prevalent in smaller regions. Most of these companies operate on a medium or large scale. However, if you want to be assured about the strength of construction, make sure you pay for nothing but the best. All these brands have made it to the list of top cement brands because of the strength they offer and their unique characteristics.
1) Best Biscuit Brands in India
2) Best Honey Brands in India
3) Best Kids Clothing Brands in India
4) Best Shampoo Brands in India
5) Best TV Brands In India
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.
OkCredit is 100% Made in India.
Q. Which cement should I choose for house construction?
Ans. OPC – 43-grade cement works best for house construction when working with concrete grade up to M30. This type of cement is also preferred for plastering, brick masonry, stone masonry, pathway, flooring, and tiling work. You can choose OPC – 43-grade cement from any of the above-mentioned cement brands.
Q. Which cement is best for construction in India?
Ans. For long-lasting and durable construction, we recommend you to go for Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC), Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC), or Portland Slag Cement (PSC).
Q. Which is the number one cement brand in the country?
Ans. If you go by revenue and market cap, Ultra Tech cement is the number one cement brand in India.
Q. Which is the best quality cement?
Ans. All the brands mentioned above offer top-quality cement for construction. You can choose the one that fits your budget and is easily available in your area.
Q. Which cement works best for roof or slab?
Ans. OPC – 53 grade is ideal for slab or roof casting. You can choose this grade of cement from any of the mentioned brands.
|We hope our article turned out to be useful for you. For more such informative content, you can visit these linked articles as well:|
|Best Ghee Brands in India||Best Tea Brands in India||Best Gas Stove Brands in India|
|Best Chocolate Brands in India||Best Mattress Brands in India||Best Cycle Brands in India|