Good nutrition is feeding your dogs the energy components they need, allowing them to grow, develop to their full potential and stay active all throughout their lives. All dog owners have understood and appreciated the importance of providing their dogs with healthy food. Dogs require protein, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals to stay fit, active, and healthy. You must make sure that the food you are buying contains all the necessary nutrients that are vital for your dog’s growth and development.
Here are a few of the top dog food brands in India:
1. Royal Canin
It is one of the most reliable dog food brands in India. It is cheap and available for middle-class Indian families. The meat they use is usually chicken. Its standard production processes ensure that it delivers safe and top-quality products. It chooses ingredients based on the high nutritional content and health benefits that need to be delivered to the pets. It has made efforts to source the raw materials from suppliers close to the production centres, thereby supporting the local economy, ensuring freshness, and reducing the carbon footprint. Furthermore, it follows strict criteria for identifying supplies that maintain top-quality and safety standards. It is rich in antioxidants.
Location: F Wing, 14th Floor, Lotus Corporate Park, Western Express Highway, Goregaon (East), Mumbai - 400063
- Maxi Adult
- Urban Life Adult
- Giant Adult
- Mini Relax Care
- Maxi Dermacomfort
- Dermacomfort Care
- Shih Tzu Puppy
- Mini Dermacomfort
- Medium Puppy
- Exigent Care
Drools have been one of the favourite dog food brands in India. It contains 100% natural chicken and digestible protein. It does not involve any by-products and added hormones or antibiotics. It contains Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, which maintain healthy skin and coat for your pets and provide with all the vital vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, promoting joint health, better digestion, and controlling tartar build-up.
Location: Drools Pet Food Private Limited, IB Corporate House, Post Pendri, Rajnandgaon, Chhattisgarh - 491441, India.
- Puppy Starter Dog Food
- Chicken And Egg Puppy Dog Food
- Chicken And Egg Adult Dog Food
- 100% Vegetarian Adult Dog Food
- Focus Starter Super Premium Dog Food
- Focus Puppy Super Premium Dog Food
- Canine Creek Puppy Ultra Premium Dry Dog Food
- Gourmet Bites For Puppies And Adult Dogs
- Ocean Fish Kitten Cat Food
- Tuna And Salmon Adult Cat Food
- Mackerel Adult Cat Food
- Absolute Salmon Oil Syrup For Cats
Pedigree has been arguably the top among the famous dog food brands in India. It has been pleasing canines and their owners for a long time. It is known for its wide range of dog foods that are packed with healthy and holistic ingredients. Moreover, it is a good all-rounder that provides dry dog food products suitable for dogs of any breed and size. Additionally, it has high amounts of crude fibre, which is important in keeping your dog’s gastrointestinal health in good condition.
Location: MARS International India Pvt. Ltd, No.21, Ansari Road, Darya Ganji, New Delhi- 1100002, Delhi, India.
- Professional For Small Puppy Breeds
- Professional Large Breed Puppy Food
- Puppy Food Milk and Vegetable
- Puppy Chicken and Milk
- Gravy Puppy Chicken Chunks
- Dry Puppy Meat and Milk
- Professional Starter Mother and Pup
- Tasty Minis Puppy Chicken Flavour
- Biscrok Biscuits With Lamb Flavour
- Adult Dog Food Chicken Rice and Eggs
- Rodeo Chicken Flavour
- Dog Treats Adult Meat Jerky Roasted Lamb
It is one of the most underrated dog food brands in India. It uses the goodness of old and familiar ingredients like chicken, rice, turmeric, coconut oil, ginger, flaxseed, etc., with no chemicals or misrepresented protein parts. Likewise, it contains no wheat, soy and is free from nasties. It contains the correct ratios of protein, fats, carbohydrates, fibres, and vitamins for dogs of all sizes. Apart from that, it consists of pure and wholesome ingredients that are rich in protein. It even donated a part of each sale to stop animal suffering.
Location: Orange Pet Nutrition Pvt Ltd, At Post Datta Nagar, Lonikand, Taluka-Haveli, Pune - 412216
- Weaning Puppies and Nurturing Mothers Dry Dog Food
- Small and Medium Breed Adult Dry Dog Food
- Large Breed Puppies Dry Dog Food
- Small and Medium Breed Puppies Dry Dog Food
- Large Breed Adult Dry Dog Food
- Light and Senior Adult Dry Dog Food
5. Wag And Love
It is a grain-free brand and is one of the fairly good dog food brands in India. Its recipe uses fresh, deboned Dutch chicken, Norwegian fresh salmon meat, fruits, vegetables, ayurvedic herbs, and natural oxidants. It does not contain any artificial preservatives, colours, or flavours and is GMO-free. It does not use grains, corn, gluten, soy, beef, or pork. Moreover, it uses nitrogen-flushed packs to preserve the nutrients and metal-coated packs that preserve flavour and palatability.
Location: Pawsitive Pets Pvt. Ltd. B-601, Rishabh CHS Evershine Nagar, Malad, Mumbai-64
- Apple and Thyme Puppy Food - Starter, Small, Large, and Giant Breeds
- Mango and Basil Salmon Relish - All Breeds
- Carrots and Cranberry - Small, Medium, Large, and Giant Breeds
- Nurture Adult Dry Dog Food
- Salmon, Turkey and Chicken Recipe For Cats and Kittens
- Cranberry and Basil Lamb Relish
Good dog food helps to prevent medical conditions in dogs and can be used to keep your dogs at a healthy weight. It increases the lifespan of the dogs and improves their digestive health. It provides them with high-quality sleep, improves cognitive function, and makes your dog’s coat shiny. Furthermore, it fuels exercise and helps your dog recover. All these benefits have made it necessary for the availability of good dog food for your dogs. Thus, the products offered by the top dog food brands in India help keep your dog healthy and fit.
1) Best Biscuit Brands in India
2) Best Honey Brands in India
3) Best Kids Clothing Brands in India
4) Best Shampoo Brands in India
5) Best Tips to grow your brand
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.
OkCredit is 100% Made in India.
Q. What are the different types of dog food?
Ans. There are three types of dog food: wet, dry, and grain-free.
Q. How can you choose the best dog food in India?
Ans. (i) Read the first five ingredients: Food brands name the ingredients according to their quantity in descending order. The first five ingredients generally make up about 65% to 70% of the entire dog food. By taking a look at these, you will know how good or bad the recipe is. A good product will contain the largest amount of high-quality meat or a combination of more than one meat.
(ii) Check Meat Content: A good dog food brand mentions the meat percentage next to the meat name used in it. Good dog food brands in India use top-quality meat as their primary source of protein. It must have a minimum of 30% top-quality and dehydrated meat or 50% to 80% fresh meat.
(iii) Check For Toxic Ingredients: Synthetic chemicals are used to increase the shelf life of the product and reduce production costs. Companies typically match the wants of the customers by using these. They also add artificial flavours to improve the product.
(iv) Check The Amount And Type Of Grains: Dogs only need small amounts of carbohydrates in their diet. Long-run and grainy diets can lead to the leaky gut syndrome in dogs.
Q. What are the various factors to be kept in mind while buying dog food?
Ans. The various factors to be kept in mind while buying dog food are:
- Ingredients: It must have top-quality and wholesome ingredients to ensure that your pet gets the required nutrition every day.
- Age: A dog’s nutritional needs vary with age. Puppies require more protein, while adult dogs need a more balanced diet.
Activity Level And Weight: Overweight dogs can be given low-carbohydrate food, while active canines need energy-dense foods.
- Food Allergies: You must carefully read the nutritional information label given before purchasing dog food to make sure it does not become a future problem due to your pet’s food sensitivities and allergies.
- Breed: The dog’s size and nutritional needs vary according to the breed of the dog.
Q. Which food items are dangerous for your dog?
Ans. These food items are dangerous for your dog:
- Macadamia Nuts
- Cooked Bones
Q. What are the challenges faced by dog food brands in India?
Ans. Pet food companies do not spend a lot of money on traditional advertising; instead, they spend it on attracting customers through activities at events, pet stores, discounts, and awareness campaigns, among other things. As a result, the cost of consumer acquisition is high in this category. As the number of target families in this area is substantially smaller than in other categories such as FMCG, customer acquisition is more difficult.
|We hope our article turned out to be useful for you. For more such informative content, you can visit these linked articles as well:|
|Best Ghee Brands in India||Best Tea Brands in India||Best Gas Stove Brands in India|
|Best Chocolate Brands in India||Best Mattress Brands in India||Best Cycle Brands in India|