Kirana stores are popularly known as corner shops or C stores found in every next nook and corner of the Indian cities. Although these stores do not offer discounts and load limited stock, they still play an essential role in delivering the local neighbourhood's grocery and other retail supplies. Thanks to the arrival of digital technology that has transformed the way of doing business. Applications like OkCredit have been a real boon for several Kirana stores. They can now do better business as your store gets the power of digitisation.
What is the OkCredit App?
The OkCredit App is a digital ledger application specifically meant for small business owners and their respective customers. This app is for facilitating the recording of payment of credit transactions digitally all over India. It provides the merchant with a secure means of transaction to check their business credit and debit records. This app is just the best Bahi Khata app that eliminates the burden of maintaining paper account books like Bahi Khata.
OkCredit serves as the perfect application for the Kirana Stores, as the shopkeepers now can manage their "Udhari" or "money lenders list" directly through the app. It eliminates the requirement of maintaining the traditional Bahi Khata.
Basic Steps for Using the OkCredit App for Kirana Stores
The OkCredit App download for PC is available for all the Windows versions, apart from the smartphone app. Check out the simple steps of using the OkCredit App for your Kirana business:
- The OkCredit App can be downloaded from the Play Store or the App Store.
- Download and install the app on your phone and open it.
- Once you open the app, the very first thing that you will notice is the language preference option. The app allows almost 10 local Indian languages, although the default language remains English.
- The next step is to verify your mobile number. Once you enter your phone number, you will receive an OTP for account verification.
- Soon after your mobile is verified, you will get to see an interface where you will be welcomed with a video. The video is the full description of how you can use the OkCredit App.
- The next interface you will see is the profile setup option, where you will be asked to set up your profile and add customers. While you set up your profile, you will have to provide the name of your business or shop but the current location, write down something about your business, provide your email address and other details.
- Now it's time to add your customers. Once you click on the "add customer" option, you will be redirected to your phone book or contact list.
- If you have your customer's number saved on your phone, you can click on their name, and it will be saved directly on the OkCredit App. You can also do it manually if the content is not saved on your phone. In this way, you can add multiple customers.
- You can also check the dues that are pending from their end. Once you click on the customer's name, you will be shown with two options; one is "accept payment" and "give credit." For instance, if you click on the "Give Credit" option, you have to provide the amount that the person is yet to pay you.
- Also, you can add a note or photo of the product that the customer has purchased on credit.
- Next, if the person wants to return the payment, you have to click on the "accept payment" option, and then the person can pay you the amount.
How has the OkCredit App been Beneficial for the Local Shopkeepers?
OkCredit is an exceptional Bahi Khata app through which you can maintain a seamless online ledger book or bookkeeping aspect of your business.
- It is entirely free of cost, and it is available for various devices, including PC and other mobile devices.
- It has incredible rating points and reviews. The OkCredit or the digital Udhar Bahi Khata app is available for or Windows and has covered almost 10 Million Plus app installation with a rating of 4.7 stars.
- This app has helped the shopkeepers to monitor cash that they are supposed to receive from people.
- One of the primary functions of the OkCredit App is to assist the merchants in comprehensively conducting the bookkeeping operation.
- With an intuitive dashboard and user-friendly interface, anyone who uses the app can access it with a single click of a button.
- Also, the app is beneficial in saving time while maintaining a centralized flow of business cash.
- All the details are maintained digitally, eliminating the need to keep a hard copy or a ledger book.
Maintaining a ledger book is quite tricky as the shopkeeper can get it lost or damaged due to any reason. But having everything digital is saved in one particular platform can help to solve various problems. Also, there is no chance of the vendors or customers cheating the shop owners as this Bahi Khata app is digital evidence of the things or finance purchased on credit.
Will I Get OkCredit for PC?
OkCredit for PC is not an app but a web version that is extremely easy to use and is available in multiple languages. The login or registration process is the same as that of smartphones. It starts with registering via mobile number. After that, you will find the web-based portal of the app. After logging in through your mobile number, you will find an interface that you see in smartphones.
Even if you are using multiple devices to log into your Bahi Khata app, you still don't need to worry about losing your details as it gets automatically synced. Apart from that, you will also get the feature of SMS plus WhatsApp payment reminder. The payments can be easily collected online, and you can grow your business security safely and reliably.
Now get complete details of your ledger, add customers, suppliers and manage your business transactions smoothly with this unique Bahi Khata App.
Types of Businesses or Shop Owners Using the OkCredit App
Since the OkCredit App has become so much popular, it is now being used by several shop owners and businesses besides Kirana stores.
Some businesses include pharmacy and medical stores, mobile recharge, DTH recharge, mobile repairing, mobile accessories shop, grocery store, general store, supermarket, condiment stores, snacks centre, chai and juice centre, garments store, etc.
The rewards program is highly appealing, and most shopkeepers have utilized it. All the reward that is being earned gets directly transferred to the registered bank account number.
This unique Bahi Khata application has all the backup, and even if your account gets deleted, all the data can be restored from the OkCredit servers.
In other cases, if you remove or edit a particular payment or transaction by mistake, then you can recheck it through the WhatsApp message or the SMS sent to you.
All you need to do is immediately install the app on the phone and log in with the same old register number to retrieve all the data easily.
1) OkCredit: All you need to know about OkCredit & how it works.
2) OkStaff: Benefits, Better Staff Management & More!
3) OkCredit: Simple, Paperless & Secure solution for businesses
4) How Do I Keep Books/Records Intact for a Small Business with OkCredit?
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.
OkCredit is 100% Made in India.
Q. In how many languages is the OkCredit App available?
Ans. The OkCredit App is available in 11 languages, including English, Marathi, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi, and Hinglish.
Q. Can one get all the transaction reports on their devices?
Ans. Yes, one can get access to all the statements and reports on both mobile and PC.
Q. How can I earn rewards with the OkCredit App?
Ans. As a shop owner, you can earn rewards by referring your app to your friends and getting your friend registered successfully.