The state of Gujarat is known for its picturesque beauty, rich history, and captivating traditions. Gujarat has beautifully blended its heritage and culture with fashion. The booming economy and flourishing businesses of the state make it one of the best places to establish your business or just go shopping. Gujarat offers an immense variety of products to shoppers. One can get a wide range of materials like – colourful dyed textiles, artfully crafted handicrafts, stunningly designed jewellery, handmade rugs and shawls, articles with intricate designs, beadwork, mirror work, and a variety of other things to satisfy your shopping needs.
So, if you are planning to indulge yourself in a shopping experience in Gujarat, you need to know places where you can get the best stuff at a reasonable price. Here are some of the best markets you can go to for a great shopping experience.
1. Markets of Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad is one of the most vibrant cities in Gujarat. From fabrics to handicrafts to food, the city offers all varieties of products to satisfy your craving for shopping. The city markets bloom with traditional artefacts and rich colours.
- Dhalgarwad: If you are planning to get a traditional Gujarati dress or jewellery, Dhalgarwad is the best market to go to.
- Sindhi market: Another spot to go for the shopping of traditional wear, sarees, lehengas, etc., is the Sindhi market. Here you get all kinds of traditional stuff at a very reasonable price.
- Law Yard market: It is also known to stock all kinds of traditional wear and fabric with hand-crafted mirror work, which is mostly made in the Rann of Kutch region of Gujarat.
- Manek Chowk: If you are looking for gold or silver jewellery items, Manek Chowk is the best place for shopping. Here you find numerous shops having a variety of designs and patterns to choose from. In the night, as the shops close, the entire Manek Chowk turns into a huge street food market offering all kinds of lip-smacking food varieties.
- Lal Darwaja: Another popular shopping spot in the city is the Street Market of Lal Darwaja. This market has all kinds of products to offer. You can get everything from cheap electronics and clothing material to footwear, kid’s garments, books, chaniya choli, wallets, etc.
- Raipur gate: For your home décor needs, the best place to shop is – Raipur gate. Here you get numerous kinds of articles with intricate designs for decorating your home. Besides, the market also offers all kinds of traditional Gujarati foodstuff.
2. Markets of Gandhinagar
Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad are known as the twin cities. Just like Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar also has some good places to shop.
- The Raviwar market: It is open on Sundays, only has a variety of items to offer, such as furniture, kitchen supplies, used books, antiques, beddings, etc. Besides, Gandhinagar is famous for Khadi shopping, and the best place to shop for khadi items is the Khadi Gram Udyog, located in sector 16.
- Teen Darwaza Market: One of the best places to go shopping when at Gandhinagar is – the Teen Darwaza Market. You can buy amazing artwork varieties from meenakari to mirror work and showpieces to wall hangings.
- Gandhinagar Wholesale Market: If you want to buy in bulk, you can go to the Gandhinagar Wholesale Market, where you get numerous shops selling a variety of stuff in wholesale.
3. Markets of Surat
The city of Surat is the trading hub of Gujarat. The city is a commercial centre known for its diamond jewellery having a global hub for the diamond trade. Besides, it has the largest wholesale textile markets in the country, offering a variety of handlooms, silk, embroidered work, and bandhani fabrics at an amazingly reasonable price.
- Sahara Darwaja: One of the best markets for textiles is the Sahara Darwaja. Here you get all kinds of traditional wear, sarees, embroidered fabric, and dress materials at a wholesale rate. So, if you are planning to do bulk textile shopping at an affordable price, this market should be your first choice.
- Shanivari market: If you are looking for an all-purpose market for your shopping needs, go to Shanivari market. As the name suggests, this market is open only on Saturdays. The market offers some good varieties for antique lovers. You get home décor artefacts, kitchenware, furniture, apparel, and a variety of other products such as footwear, utensils, lamps, readymade garments, shampoos, laces, dupattas, leggings, etc. Everything is available here at this market. And if you are good at bargaining, you might be surprised to get your shopping done at half the price.
- Old Bombay market: Another important textile market in Surat is the Old Bombay market. The market is famous for a huge variety of wholesale shops owned by the manufacturers, dealers, and suppliers who trade a variety of textile, sarees, colourful cloth, and embroidered fabric in bulk. So, if you require the bulk purchase of fabric or dress material, this market is the best choice.
Also read: Manufacturing Companies in Vadodara
- Baroda Prestige market: If you love artificial jewellery, then Baroda Prestige market is the ideal place to go. Here you get all kinds of artificial bracelets, necklaces, bangles, earrings, etc.
- Universal textile market: Apart from these, the Universal textile market is the best business place for textile where most manufacturers, retailers, suppliers, and dealers deal in various kinds of fabrics.
- Ghod Dod road and Dumas road: In case you like to shop in malls instead of traditional street markets, then you can go to Ghod Dod road or Dumas road. Both the places have many attractive shopping malls where you can get a variety of branded stuff like clothes, cosmetics or footwear.
4. Markets of Vadodara
With its rich historical significance and vibrant culture, Vadodara holds an important place in Gujarat. Plus, the city has some amazing markets for you to indulge in shopping.
- Teen Darwaja bazaar: Want to shop for ethnic wear? Teen Darwaja bazaar is the ideal place to go. You get a plethora of options in this market. Apart from garments, you can also buy some ethnic silver jewellery here.
- Madar market: Another popular place for ethnic wear shopping is Madar market. You get sarees, chaniya choli, and salwar kameez at the best price here. Besides, the market also offers handicrafts and paintings made by local artisans.
- Mandavi: Mandavi is another popular market where you get silver ornaments, home décor items, ethnic footwear, wall hangings, and other handicrafts.
- Mangal market: In case you want to shop for a quilt, Mangal market is the best place where you can get a handmade quilt with amazing embroidery work. Another ideal place to shop for handicraft items in Vadodara is the Khadi Bhandar.
- Alkapuri Arcade: For furniture purchase, Alkapuri Arcade is the place where you get a variety of furniture with intricate designs along with a plethora of handicrafts made by locals.
- National Plaza: Another good place for furniture buying is the National Plaza where you can get top quality furniture in all kinds of materials.
If you are the one who likes to shop in malls, Vadodara has many of them like – Eva the mall, Inorbit mall, Vadodara Central, Southwest central, central square, and many more.
5. Markets of Rajkot
Rajkot is one of the fastest-growing cities in Gujarat, has many industries and trade sectors. The city has a variety of products to offer shopping lovers. It is especially popular for the variety of artwork like meenakari, patchwork, mirror work, beadwork, silk embroidery, bangles, and jewellery, etc.
- Bangadi Bazar: In the Bangadi Bazar, you get a variety of ornaments and can see traditional goldsmiths showcasing their work. The narrow lanes of the bangadi bazaar have small shops where you can get colourful glass bangles at a reasonable price. Komal Handicraft is a popular place to shop for handicrafts in this market.
- Mayur Patola Art : If you wish to get the best Patola saree, head for Mayur Patola Art which offers a huge collection of traditional sarees.
- Dr. Yagnik road and Dharmendra road: Other popular shopping places are Dr. Yagnik road and Dharmendra road, where you get everything from Indian to western wear and accessories.
- Gundawadi: If you are not fond of branded stuff and want to go in for budget shopping, Gundawadi is the ideal place for you.
- Para Bazaar: Instead, if you want to purchase high-quality antiques, art pieces, and jewellery, you should go to Para Bazaar.
6. Markets of Jamnagar
Another famous city of Gujarat in Jamnagar, offering an astounding variety of materials to its shoppers. Although the city is famous for the tie and dye sarees, the markets offer a diverse range of manufactured items like agate paperweights, brass bangles, nutcrackers, Surma, Kumkum, Kajal, and many other products.
Shopping at Gujarat markets is a truly amazing experience. Make sure you go to the best markets and grab some amazing stuff at the most affordable prices.
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.
OkCredit is 100% Made in India.
Q. Which city of Gujarat has the largest wholesale textile market in India?
Ans. The largest wholesale textile markets in the country, offering a variety of handlooms, silk, embroidered work, and bandhani fabrics at very reasonable price.
Q. What is the speciality of Manek Chowk market in Ahmedabad?
Ans. Manek Chowk in Ahmedabad is a jwellery market in daytime where you can buy gold or silver jewellery items of a variety of designs and patterns. In the night, as the shops close, the entire Manek Chowk turns into a huge street food market offering all kinds of lip-smacking food varieties.
Q. Which market in Vadodara is best for quilt shopping?
Ans. Mangal market in Vadodara is the best place where you can get a handmade quilt with amazing embroidery work.
Q. What are the products Gujarat markets are famous for?
Ans. Gujarat markets are known for - colourful dyed textiles, artfully crafted handicrafts, stunningly designed jewellery, handmade rugs and shawls, articles with intricate designs, beadwork, mirror work, and a variety of other things to satisfy your shopping needs.
Q. Which Gujarat market is known for the diamond polishing industry?
Ans. Surat market is famous for diamonds and is a hub for the diamond polishing industry.
|We hope you liked our article. To know more details about Markets in India, you can visit these linked articles as well:|
|Markets in Assam||Markets in Bangalore||Markets in Rajasthan|
|Markets in Lucknow||Wholesale Markets In Delhi||Wholesale Markets in Mumbai|