There is an American proverb, variety is the spice of life. We couldn’t agree more with this fact of life. But for us – Indians – spices are the lifeline of our culinary desires. We cannot imagine our taste buds without a pinch of spices. A pinch of any spice or some salt can make or break any dish. Thanks to all spices manufacturers in India who provide some amazing spices and make our lives spicy, tasteful, and full of variety.
Indian spices are famous all over the world. No need to mention that the secret of Indian delicacies and their finger-licking flavours lies only in its rich spices. For thousands of years, Indian spices have been used for preparing aromatic dishes. Let’s delve deep into the Indian spice industry and find out the top spices manufacturers in India – the brands who are behind the great taste, delicious aroma, and finger-licking flavour of Indian cuisines.
Who Are the Top Spices Manufacturers in India?
There are hundreds of spice brands in India that produce top-notch spices of the best quality. Here’s a list of top spice manufacturing brands in India that we have collated for you:
1. MDH Masala
Owner: Late Mahashay Dharmapala Gulati
Remember the line ‘Asli Masale Sach Sach’? The moment we hear the line, one image instantly comes into our mind – the image of a grandpa. Actually, the line and the image have become synonymous with Indian spices for us.
Known as India’s spice king, the image of the grandpa was actually the owner of MDH Masala, Mr Mahashay Dharampal Gulati. With a whopping net worth of 5400 crores, MDH Masala is perhaps the most well-known spice manufacturer in India.
Best Features of MDH Masala
- MDH Masala started its business with the aim to reduce the household manual work in making hand-ground Indian masalas.
- MDH offers a variety of blended as well as single spices.
- Although the company started its business providing hand-ground spices, they later switched to machine-grinded spices to meet the increasing demand of their brand.
- A wide range of MDH spices come in various qualities – from 10 g to 500 g packs.
- This brand is not only popular in India, but its spices are also exported to the USA, Canada, the UK, South East Asia, Europe, UAE, and so many other countries.
2. Everest Spices
Owner: Vadilal shah
Everest is one of the top spices manufacturers in India who are known for their superior quality Indian spices. In fact, Everest is the largest selling brand of spices in India and has been in the spice business for around 50 years now.
Best Features of Everest Masala
- The brand manufactures more than 45 varieties of spices.
- As the top manufacturer of Indian spices, Everest sells its product in 58 other countries.
- Everest’s one of the best-selling spices is ‘Aamchur’.
- Apart from India, the spice manufacturing brand sells its spices in 58 different countries, including the USA, UK, UAE, and Africa.
3. Badshah Masala
Owner: Jhaveri Industries
Another spice manufacturing brand, Badshah Masala has been running its business for more than 6 decades now. Established in 1958, the brand is now one of the top spices manufacturers in India. Thanks to Badshah Masala - Swad Sugandh Ka Raja that facilitates users to get the same hotel-like delicacies at home – but in a healthier and better way.
Best Features of Badshah Masala
- Badshah Masala produces a wide range of spices including grounded, blended, and whole spices.
- Some of the most popular products of this brand are Chana Masala, Pav Bhaji Masala, and Pani Puri Masala.
- Nowadays, besides selling a satisfying array of Indian spices, Badshah Masala has also included some products like premix tea and Kesari milk masala.
4. Catch Spices
Owner: Dharampal Satyapal Group
Whether you want to prepare a lip-smacking dish like Shahi Paneer or add some tabletop dispensers like pepper or salt sprinklers, the first name that comes into our mind is Catch.
Today, Catch is recognised as the topmost premium F&B brand in the country. The brand is owned by the Dharampal Satyapal Group or in short DS Group.
Catch’s spices are mostly known for their exquisite flavours and tantalising aromas.
Best Features of Catch Spices
- Catch Masala provides an amazing range of kitchen range products including blends, pure spices, Hing, Sachets, and whole spices.
- Today, the brand has gained even more popularity in producing various types of sprinklers like table salt, black pepper, chat masala, black salt, and so on.
- The spice manufacturer follows the unique Low-Temperature Grinding (LTG) technology to retain the original aroma of spices and ensure the authentic flavour of the food.
|Steel Manufacturers In India||Shoe Manufacturers In India||Tiles Manufacturers In India|
5. Rajesh Masala
Owner: Rajesh Agrahari, Chandrama Devi Agrahari
Established in the year 1997, this UP-based spice brand can also be named among the top spices manufacturers in India. Be it chilli powder or garam masala powder, Rajesh Masala is famous for producing and processing spices in the right and hygienic way.
Best Features of Rajesh Masala
- The ingredients of all spices are thoroughly tested for purity, quality, and rich taste.
- They specialise in providing tailor-made spices as per the requirements of their customers.
- From whole spices to blended ones – you’ll find everything in their product range.
6. 24 Mantra Organic
Owner – Rajashekar Reddy Seelam
“Go Organic! Eat Healthily! Live Happily!” – the slogan of 24 Mantra encourages people to make the switch to organic spices. Established by Mr Raj Seelam in the year 2004, 24 Mantra is best known as the largest organic food manufacturing brand in India.
Best Features of 24 Mantra
- Adhering to organic integrity, the spice manufacturers focus on monitoring the organic methods without any use of pesticides and fertilisers
- The brand has received multiple national and international certifications on organic products from India, the US, and the EU.
7. Tata Sampann
Owner: Tata group
The Tata group, the owner of Tata Sampann launched this brand in 2017. Since the beginning, this brand has been particular about producing an array of pure spices and blended masalas from whole spices preserving their natural oils. The famous chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the brand ambassador of this brand.
Best Features of Tata Sampann
- No artificial colours, flavours, and preservations are mixed with pure and blended spices.
- The innovative 5-pouch packaging ensures the freshness of all spices locked in.
- Made of 100% un-spent masalas, all the products are rich in natural spice oils (oleoresins or volatile oils). It ensures the aroma and flavour of cooked food.
The list of spice manufacturers in India would be as lengthy as the name of Indian spices. Let’s dig deep into some important information every food lover should know.
1) Paper Manufacturers In India
2) Valves Manufacturers In India
3) Battery Manufacturers In India
4) Toy Manufacturers In India
5) Solar Panel Manufacturers In India
6) Best Salt Brands in India
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.
OkCredit is 100% Made in India.
Q. What are the top 10 Indian spices used for Indian cooking?
Ans. Others may get overwhelmed with the varieties of spices used in Indian cooking. But, We, Indians mostly use some essential spices in our cooking repertoire. We have come up with a list of 10 essential spices used in Indian cooking.
- Turmeric (Haldi)
- Cumin (Jira)
- Coriander (Dhania)
- Cardamom (Ilayachi)
- Dried Red Chili (Lal Mirch)
- Cinnamon Sticks (Dalachini)
- Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
- Fenugreek (Methi)
- Mango Powder (Amchoor)
- Asafoetida (Hing)
Q. Which state is the largest producer of spices in India?
Ans. As per Statista’s report, the state of Madhya Pradesh is the largest producer of various spices across India. The state produces an estimated volume of more than three million metric tons of spices. Even most of the top spices manufacturers in India source a large volume of their ingredients from this state. Rajasthan and Gujarat are the other major producers that come second and third positions in the list.
Q. Which City Is Called 'City of Spices'?
Ans. Kozhikode is also known as Calicut is called the ‘City of Spices’ in India. Situated on the Malabar coast in the state of Kerala, Kozhikode earned its fame in the spice production map during classical antiquity and the Middle Ages. Since then, it plays an eminent role in the major spice trading points.
Q. What Is the King of Spice?
Ans. Among all Indian spices, black pepper is known as the ‘king of spices.’ Although black pepper and salt belong to the group of spices, salt is easily available everywhere around the world where black pepper originated in Kerala, a state in South India.
Q. Where Is the Spice Capital of the World?
Ans. Kerala has been known as the spice capital of the world, from historic times. Kerala produces a large share of India’s exported Cardamom and ‘Black Gold’ Pepper. Apart from these, the smells of vanilla, coffee, tea, nutmeg, clove, and many more spices give an aromatic aura in the air of Kerala.
|We hope our article helped you with your research, you can also visit these similar articles as well:|
|Medical Equipments Manufacturers In India||Electric Vehicle Manufacturers In India||Lithium Battery Manufacturers In India||Cosmetic Manufacturers In India|
|Manufacturing Companies In India||E Scooter Manufacturers In India||LED Light Manufacturers In India||Carpet Manufacturers In India|