Ceramic manufacturers in India have a century of history and have evolved into industrial mainstays throughout time. The sector has evolved into a modern, world-class industry capable of competing on a global scale, thanks to new product profiles, quality, and design advances. Despite the presence of several large ceramics firms, India's SMEs account for more than half of the market.
Market overview for Ceramic manufacturers in India
- India is the world's second-largest producer of ceramic tiles, accounting for 7% of global output (955 million square metres).
- Increased housing demand accounts for 70% of total tile demand in India. Local demand and exports will push the ceramics industry forward.
Two of the most major export markets are the Middle East and Europe. Saudi Arabia receives a quarter of all ceramics exports.
- The real estate industry's growth, government low-cost housing programmes, and the Swachh Bharat campaign are predicted to raise sanitary equipment demand up to 15%.
- The tableware industry, which is typically unstructured and under-penetrated, has a lot of promise because of the demand for a better lifestyle and rising expenditure on luxury products.
Top Ceramic Manufacturers in India
1. Kajaria Ceramics Ltd.
- Ceramic floor and wall tiles, glazed and polished vitrified tiles, and other things are available in New Delhi, India.
- For the year 2020, it is the largest among India's top 10 tile firms. The company was established in 1985.
- The company's headquarters are in Sikandrabad, Uttar Pradesh, with five additional locations in Gujarat, one in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, and one each in Jaipur and Malutana, Rajasthan.
- The firm showcases its tiles throughout India through its large and well-established dealer network, providing clients with the broadest assortment of tiles at all price points. It will take place.
2. Somany Ceramics Ltd.
- The company was started in 1969. Kadi, Kassar, and other joint ventures are in charge of manufacturing. Among other areas, the organisation maintains offices in the Middle East, Russia, Africa, India, and the United Kingdom.
- The best tile manufacturer offers Vitrified Tiles, Digital Tiles, Ceramic Wall & Floor, Glazed Vitrified Tiles, Bath Fittings, Sanitaryware, and Tile Laying Solution.
- The company has manufacturing facilities in Kadi (Gujarat) and Kassar (Haryana), as well as joint venture operations, with a yearly production capacity of 60 million square metres. It is the second-largest tile producer in India.
3. HSIL Ltd.
- Hindustan Twyfords Ltd was established in 1960 as a consequence of technological collaboration between Twyfords UK and Hindustan Twyfords Ltd to supply vitreous china sanitaryware to India.
- The company was renamed Hindustan Sanitaryware and Industries Limited in 1969, and then HSIL Limited in 2009. In India, it is a well-known ceramic maker.
- HSIL is one of India's best tile brands in terms of durability. In India, the company is the most well-known and well-known sanitaryware maker.
|Steel Manufacturers In India||Shoe Manufacturers In India||Tiles Manufacturers In India|
4. Johnson Tiles
- Prism established the corporation as a distinct entity in 1901.
- It has eleven manufacturing facilities and over 1000 dealers all throughout India. There are 49 exhibitions in all, with 28 of them being "House of Johnson" presentations.
5. Grindwell Norton Ltd.
- Grindwell Norton (GNO), a Bombay-based business registered on the National Stock Exchange, was the first company in India to manufacture grinding wheels in 1941.
- In terms of overall income, it is India's third-largest tile manufacturer. In 1990, Saint-Gobain bought Norton Company, USA and became a shareholder in GNO on a global basis.
6. Asian Granito India Ltd.
- Asian Granito in India produces ceramic tiles, vitrified tiles, outdoor tiles, engineered marble, and quartz stone.
- The company's headquarters are in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It is one of India's top 10 tile manufacturers. In India, it is a well-known ceramic maker.
AGL has risen to become one of India's major ceramic enterprises in just 26 years after its founding in 1995.
- With a global presence in over 58 countries, it has grown to become one of India's most important businesses. In India, it is a well-known tile manufacturer.
- It is now India's fastest growing Ceramic Wall & Floor Tile, Glazed Vitrified Tiles, Polished Vitrified Tiles, Composite Marble and Quartz Company, as well as one of the world's 50 most profitable Ceramic tile Companies, with a capacity that has grown 40 times in only 26 years.
|Bamboo Products Manufacturers in India||Manufacturing Companies In Maharashtra||Manufacturing Companies In Vadodara|
7. Cera Ceramic Tiles Ltd.
- Cera Sanitaryware Limited was founded in 1980 with the goal of providing consumers with a comprehensive architect and designer solution.
- The Ahmedabad-based firm manufactures floor and wall tiles, sanitaryware, faucets, wellness items, kitchen sinks, mirrors, and personal care goods. It is a well-known tile maker in India.
- Currently, there are more than 4000 dealers and sub-dealers, as well as 75 showrooms. As a pioneer in bringing cutting-edge technology to market, the firm has set high standards.
- Vitrified tiles, ceramic floor tiles, glazed vitrified tiles, digital wall tiles, composite marble tiles, and quartz marble tiles are among the company's offerings.
8. Orient Bell
- Orientbell, a renowned Indian tile maker, was founded in 1977 and offers a diverse range of titles for a variety of applications.
- In the United States, there are about 2500 sites, including nine Orientbell Tile Boutiques. It has a capacity of more than 30 million square metres of output.
9. Nitco Limited.
- Pran Nath Talwar founded Nitco Limited in 1953, making it one of India's oldest tile makers. The top ten tile companies in India for 2019 are shown below.
- The company's headquarters are located in Mumbai, India. To support its pan-India activities, it maintains 22 offices around the country. In India, it is a well-known tile manufacturer.
- In terms of volume, it has a market share of about 6%. Only top-of-the-line Italian tiles are offered.
10. Simpolo Tiles
- Simpolo Ceramics, founded in 1977 in Morbi, Gujarat, has been honoured by India's Minister of State for Shipping with the " Bhartiya Udhyog Ratna '' award.
- India, Latin America, the Middle East, Taiwan, the United Kingdom, the United States, Nigeria, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Mauritius, Turkey, and Singapore, to mention a few, all have substantial operations.
The ceramic tile sector in India dominated by ceramic manufacturers in India, which is worth Rs 26,500 crore, is expected to increase by over 9% this year, compared to 3-5 per cent last year. Initiatives such as the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (SBA), smart city development, industrial corridor development, and housing for everyone will all assist to fuel growth in the near future.
1) Paper Manufacturers In India
2) Valves Manufacturers In India
3) Battery Manufacturers In India
4) Toy Manufacturers In India
5) Solar Panel Manufacturers In India
6) Plywood Manufacturers In India
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.
OkCredit is 100% Made in India.
Q. Which is the largest ceramic manufacturer in India?
Ans. Kajaria Ceramics Ltd. is the largest ceramic manufacturer in India by total sales.
Q. Is the ceramic tile-making business profitable in India?
Ans. It is, indeed. The typical operating margin for tile manufacturers might range between 8% and 13%.
Q. What are the most common types of tiles?
Ans. The following are the five primary types of tiles:
- Ceramic tile
- Porcelain tile
- Glass tile
- Marble tile
- Granite tile
Q. What are the raw ingredients used in the production of ceramics?
Ans. The raw ingredients required to make any form of ceramic are extracted from the earth's crust and often comprise feldspar as well as certain additional chemical additions for hardening and changing specific qualities.
Q. What are the three basic types of ceramics?
Ans. Porcelain, earthenware, and stoneware are the three primary forms of ceramics, named after the raw materials used in their manufacture.
|We hope our article helped you with your research, you can also visit these similar articles as well:|
|Medical Equipments Manufacturers In India||Electric Vehicle Manufacturers In India||Lithium Battery Manufacturers In India||Cosmetic Manufacturers In India|
|Manufacturing Companies In India||E Scooter Manufacturers In India||LED Light Manufacturers In India||Carpet Manufacturers In India|