We are aware of the range of health benefits that a small cup of green tea carries in itself. Besides being a good source of natural antioxidants, green tea also aids in weight loss. It clears potential toxins from the body and helps protect it from diseases like cancer.
The advancement in the beverage industry has led to a vast assembly of green tea brands in the Indian market. It is pretty tricky to choose a single product among many similar varieties. Hence, we at OkCredit have organised a list of the top 8 best green tea brands in India. The list has been curated after a proper analysis of the benefits, cost, and availability of the brands in India.
Best Green Tea Brands in India
Green tea comes in a wide range of sizes and varieties. It’s always a better choice to include natural and organic ingredients in your lifestyle – and this beverage is just that. Hence, here is a list of the best green tea brands to lose weight and improve your lifestyle with a healthier option:
1. Organic India Tulsi Green Tea
Organic India Tulsi Green Tea is enriched with the benefits of tulsi or basil. Over the years, the tea brand has strived to enhance its product with better packaging and loose leaves. This has helped shape the brand’s voice and popularity in recent years. Organic India is one of the best organic green tea brands in India that offers the product in various flavors like Ashwagandha, Lemon Ginger, Jasmine, and Pomegranate.
- Organic India green tea has tulsi-infused leaves. Tulsi is a medicinal plant with numerous phytonutrients and antioxidants. These constituents help maintain a healthy heart and prevent diseases like cancer.
- Organic India Tulsi green tea is considered among the best organic green teas for weight loss.
- It works as a detoxifying drink for the body.
- The soothing beverage relieves the body of all stress and tiredness.
- The taste of tulsi may be too intense for some people.
2. Lipton Green Tea
Haven’t we all heard about this brand already? Lipton green tea has been ruling the beverage industry for a long time. Rich in antioxidants like epigallocatechin gallate or EGCG, Lipton green tea helps prevent obesity and promote weight loss. It comes in vivid flavors like Lemon Zest, Tulsi Natural, Honey Lemon, and Mint Burst. It is also known to be a zero-calorie green tea brand in India.
- Due to its high usage and popularity, It is readily available in all local stores.
- This tea brand has zero calories and is among the best green teas for weight loss in India.
- It has antioxidants that detoxify the body and maintain your health quotient.
- It is not an organic variant of green tea.
3. Tetley Green Tea
Another household tea brand, Tetley, is known to be the sovereign of the Indian green tea industry. Tetley appears in this list of the top green tea brands in India because of its undying popularity and significant health benefits. Talking about the benefits, the antioxidant level in Tetley’s green tea is over 5 times more than an apple. This property makes it a great source of green tea for heart problems, as it destroys potential free radicals. It comes in 4 variants – Tetley Classic; Lemon and Honey; Ginger, Mint, and Lemon; and Mango. It also has a long leaf variant.
- It is an easily available green tea brand in India.
- It is rich in vitamin C, which boosts the body’s immunity level. 1 cup of Tetley green tea provides 8 mg of vitamin C.
- It enhances fat metabolism and aids detoxification.
- Tetley green tea comes with ingredients like mint and ginger, which are highly rejuvenating in nature.
- It comes with a staple on the tea bag instead of a knot, which means you must be careful not to consume it accidentally.
4. KimiNo Japanese Organic Matcha Green Tea
KimiNo Matcha is made with leaves crushed to their finest form through stone milling. It comes in pouches with matcha sticks. As an organic green tea brand in India, KimiNo Matcha has found its place in the industry through splendid health benefits from its ancient, crushed leaves. This green tea elixir-based tea is rich in ECGC, L-theanine, and antioxidants. KimiNo organic matcha green tea comes with a recipe book to help you experiment and add surprising daily delights to your life.
- The EGCG helps in reducing inflammation and evens out skin tone.
- The antioxidants help enhance concentration and relax the body for longer.
- It is a metabolism booster and relieves issues like anxiety and stress.
- It reduces acne and increases skin elasticity.
- It is a higher-priced green tea brand.
A world-famous brand for its herbal products, Basilur provides its users with high-quality tea leaves. It uses the flavors of cream, sweets, berries, and flower petals to give a unique touch to its tea leaves. Coming from Ceylon, Basilur is a herbal green tea brand in India. It comes in a wide array of flavors of fruit combinations in a leaf container with a unique silhouette. These flavors are Sencha, Moroccan Mint, Raspberry, Apple Cinnamon, Blackberry, Lemon and Honey, and Melon and Banana.
- It comes with a unique fragrance and combines various plant parts and flavors that tantalize your taste buds.
- With a tropical blend of milky Oolong green tea leaves, the Basilur green tea strives to help users reach an optimum level of physical and mental health.
- This product is on the costlier side of green tea brands.
6. Himalaya Green Tea
The brand Himalaya speaks for itself. Himalaya green tea is a herbal and Ayurvedic venture in the green tea industry. The leaves are plucked from the foothills of the Himalayas. This green tea is a sure-shot solution for tiredness and weight problems like obesity.
- Himalaya green tea comes in a 10-teabag pack, making it the best choice for beginners.
- Rich in antioxidants, this green tea aids weight loss and regulates blood pressure.
- It is a low-priced green tea brand in India.
- Only a single variant of Himalaya green tea is available.
7. Taj Mahal Green Tea
Brooke Bond Taj Mahal Green Tea is a promising green tea brand in India. It is found in lively variants like Darjeeling and Honey Lemon. The production of Taj Mahal green tea involves multiple tastings, which means only the best make it to the market. Taj Mahal tea provides a unique flavour-lock pack with its fine, graded, and perfectly blended tea leaves.
- The honey and lemon contain vitamin C, which enhances your immunity.
- Taj Mahal green tea is a widely trusted brand in India.
- It tastes lighter on the tongue as compared to other green tea products.
8. Twinings Green Tea
Enriched with vitamin C, Twinings green tea comes in various flavours to choose from. The specialty of Twinings green tea is its high phenolic percentage with a lower percentage of ash. This equation makes it a superior drink with optimum pH to soothe your nerves and rejuvenate your energy level. The brand’s USP is in its delicate grassy flavour and the perfect blend of green tea leaves. It comes in many variants – Gunpowder, Pure, Mint, and Jasmine are quite popular among the masses.
- The Twinings green tea lowers cholesterol and improves heart health.
- It removes fatigue and relieves the user from any kind of headache.
- It is available in a wide range of flavours.
- This green tea is slightly expensive.
Green tea is a potent health drink that strengthens the body mentally and physically. A proper understanding of the features and benefits of green tea brands in India will help you determine the product that best caters to your needs. We hope this list helps you find the perfect healthy beverage for your morning booster.
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.
OkCredit is 100% Made in India.
Q. Does green tea contain caffeine?
Ans. Yes, green tea might contain caffeine to some extent. However, the quantity of caffeine is very low compared to black tea or coffee. Hence, it is one of the best choices for low-caffeine beverages.
Q. Which green tea has the most EGCG?
Ans. Teavana Green Tea Gyokuro is a green tea brand with the highest amount of EGCG in it. However, it is expensive with limited availability in India.
Q. Can we drink green tea on an empty stomach?
Ans. Different people react differently to this practice. However, according to research, the polyphenols, also known as tannins, in green tea can increase the stomach acid level and thus upset the stomach.
Q. What happens if I drink green tea every day?
Ans. Regular consumption of green tea helps weight loss and minimises the risk of diseases like diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. You can consume up to 3 cups of green tea a day to grab optimum health benefits.
Q. Which green tea has the most antioxidants?
Ans. Matcha green tea is a potential answer to this question. The stone-milled tea leaves help retain and blend their power and nutrients. It is very high in antioxidants like catechins such as EGCG.
|We hope our article turned out to be useful for you. For more such informative content, you can visit these linked articles as well:
|Best Peanut Butter Brands in India
|Best Saree Brands in India
|Best Whey Protein Brands in India
|Best Whisky Brands in India
|Best Biscuit Brands in India
|Best Honey Brands in India