Table of Contents:
1. Most Profitable Manufacturing Business In India
Apparently, the manufacturing sector gives employment to around 12% of the Indian workforce. As per a study done in 2014, the sector contributes about 16% to 17% of its GDP. The target is to raise the manufacturing sector contribution to 25% in the Indian economy. Many government initiatives are being practised across India to promote manufacturing business ideas in various sectors such as food, fashion, basic amenities, leisure, and more. Due to that, the scope of the manufacturing business in India is widening day by day. We have listed a detailed overview of the top 6 profitable manufacturing business ideas in India in 2021.
1- Wooden Or MDF Furniture Manufacturing Business
As per the recent report, the Indian furniture marketplace is expected to inflate at a CAGR of 12.91% during 2020-2024. So, opting for a wooden or MDF furniture manufacturing business will be a profitable manufacturing business idea in India in the coming future.
How To Start This Venture: To open a wooden, MDF, or particle board furniture manufacturing business, you will need a well-ventilated space for the workshop with an adept set of carpenters or workforce and an investment of around 2,50,000 INR or above.
2- Garments Or Clothes Manufacturing Business
India is known for its rich cotton and silk fabrics. Suppose you live in an Indian state known for its quality cotton or silk production or has an excellent source to purchase quality raw resources required for garments manufacturing. In that case, the garments or clothes manufacturing business will be the best idea to work on. You can start this business as a small-scale one from your home itself, and later on, you can shift to a bigger space with advanced pieces of machinery and a skilled workforce.
How To Start This Venture: To open a garment or clothes manufacturing business, you will need a closer place to the raw material sources and import or export hubs. You can start this manufacturing business idea on a small scale with an investment of around 6000 INR or a medium to large scale with investments around 4,00,000 INR or above.
3- Disposable Cutleries Manufacturing Business
Demand in food joints and takeaways has witnessed remarkable growth in recent years. We can say the same about disposable cutleries as well. These food joints are looking forward to adapting high-quality yet economical disposable cutleries such as paper napkins, cups, spoons, forks, plates, bowls for raising their food delivery standards. So, investing and planning out in the disposable cutleries manufacturing business will be profitable in India.
How To Start This Venture: To open a disposable cutlery manufacturing business, you will need a space to set up the manufacturing plant with a proper ventilation system and power backup, a workforce to manage the production and import or export sales cycle of the business. You will require a lump sum amount of investment of about 1,50,000 INR or above.
4- Cakes, Cookies, Or Bakery Items Manufacturing Business
Did you know that the bakery is one of India's most prominent industries in the food sector? India is known for its vivid festivals and celebrations, and the demand and supply of bakery items are undeniable. If you are adept with baking skills or have a skilled set of bakers, you can plan to open cakes, cookies, or bakery items manufacturing business in India.
How To Start This Venture: You can launch the cakes, cookies, or bakery items manufacturing business as a home-based setup initially with an investment of around 12,000 INR. As your manufacturing business demands and requirements increase, you can go with a full-scale bakery business setup.
5- Fashion Or Precious Jewellery Manufacturing Business
Just like the garments or clothes sector, jewellery is also considered one of the most profitable businesses in India. People are now more into handmade fashion or precious jewellery pieces with customised or unique designs. Suppose you have a creative eye for jewellery designing, in that case, you can start the jewellery designing and manufacturing business and market them with a planned marketing approach for maximum returns and more significant profits.
How To Start This Venture: To open a precious jewellery manufacturing business, you will need a quality raw material supplier for fashion jewellery pieces. To manufacture precious jewellery items, you will need a trustworthy and certified dealer of precious metals- gold, silver, platinum and precious or semi-precious stones such as – diamonds, pearls, sapphire, topaz, quartz and more. You can start this as a small manufacturing business idea with an investment of around 6000 INR or a medium to large scale business idea with a considerable amount of money to invest, which can be about 5,00,000 INR or above.
6- Candle Manufacturing Business
Demands of different candles are growing by leaps and bounds in the Indian market. Nowadays, people's inclination is towards other forms of candles such as aromatic candles, textured candles, figurine candles, aesthetic candles, customised candles, therapy candles, and more for various occasions and festivals. Follow a systematic and detailed approach for research and detailed market survey, with no going back. You can start the candle manufacturing business as a small-scale business idea from your home and shoot its demand globally.
How To Start This Venture: To open a candle manufacturing business, you will require trustworthy raw material suppliers, a well-ventilated space to manufacture candles, and a focussed product line for your candle manufacturing business. You can start this business with an initial investment of around 11,000 INR as a small-scale manufacturing business.
2. Home Manufacturing Business Ideas
Every business doesn't need heavy investment or capital to be successful. Here's a list of best manufacturing business in India that you can start at home. This list is a selection of the most profitable manufacturing business in India at home:
- Handcrafted Candles
- Pickle Making Business
- Social Media Influencing
- Customised Tailoring
- Papad Making Business
- Customised Files and Envelopes
3. Best Manufacturing Business In India
Here are the best manufacturing business ideas in India to start in 2021:
- Organic Handmade and Exotic Soaps- More and more people are opting for chemical-free alternatives for every product. Organic soap business needs an initial investment of 1.5 to 2 Lakh rupees, and the best part is you won’t have a hard time converting prospects.
- Homemade/Handmade Chocolates- People love homemade chocolates, you can pick from numerous options to manufacture- white, milk & dark chocolates along with nuts, mousses, etc. and customised options.
- Handicrafts Business- Indian handicraft items manufacturing business is in high demand in India. It helps in bridging the gap amongst customers and artisans and can be started via low investments. Hence, guaranteeing a future monetary benefit.
- Recyclable Apparels- It can also be called a GEN-Z trend business idea where you can curate fashionable outfits from older thrown out garments.
- Personal Care Products- People are splurging more on organic and chemical-free products due to fewer or no side effects on the body. You can begin with a single product or launch a series of products.
- Accessories For Smartphones- This is a very popular business idea. If you know how to repair a mobile phone, you can start this business. There are almost 750 million smartphone users in India, and as a result, the demand for people repairing smartphones is very high since not everyone can afford to buy a new phone at the first hint of trouble. Along with smartphone repairing, you can also sell mobile accessories and credit recharge to the customers.
- Eco-Friendly Bags- You can produce loads of alternatives from plastic bags like- Paper, Jute, and canvas clothes which are much more durable.
- Footwear- With the changing trends people are looking forward to experimenting with locally made and homegrown brands for almost everything. The demand for cruelty-free, non-leather, trendy yet comfortable footwear is on the rise.
4. Most Profitable Manufacturing Business In India
These are some of the best small scale manufacturing business ideas that needs low cost and investment:
- Leather Items Production
- Cloth Making
- Eye glass & Frames Manufacturing
- Stationary items Manufacturing
- Fertilisers Manufacturing
- Toy Manufacturing
- Plastic Bottle Manufacturing
- Jams/Jellies/Marmalades Making
- Candle Making
- Sports Items Manufacturing
- Biscuits Manufacturing
- Hair Oil Manufacturing
- Detergent and soap Manufacturing
- Manufacturing of Paper
5. How To Start A Home-Based Manufacturing Business?
Before you start Googling the most profitable manufacturing business to start in India, learn how to start your home-based manufacturing business right from the comfort of your home.
- Shortlisting the Right Ideas for You
- Research Local Regulations for Home-Based Manufacturing Business
- Resourcing of Raw Materials
- Finding the Right Place to Manufacture
- Setting the Price for Your Product
- Marketing Your Product
6. Key Takeaways
It would be best to have insight into India's know-how of the most profitable manufacturing business to start in India. Based on the details, you can select the best manufacturing business ideas in India. For that reason, it is time to strategise your finances, including the budget and investment rates, the type of raw materials sources, location of your manufacturing hub, and other details. What are you waiting for? Start to draft a clear business plan and kickstart your manufacturing business in India.
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in- English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more! Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.
Q. What is the best business to start in 2021?
Ans- These are the top 15 best small business ideas for 2021:
- Home-based Catering
- Cloud Kitchen
- Virtual Assistant
- Online Tutoring
- Content Writing
- Home-based Coaching Business
- WordPress Support
- Takeaway meals/ Tiffin service
- Email Marketing
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
- Website Testing
- Stock Photography
- Digital Event Planner
Q. Is a considerable amount of funds required as investment and budget to open a manufacturing business in India?
Ans. The amount of funds as investment and budget depends upon various factors such as scope, marketing activities, targeted audience, and raw material costing required to establish a manufacturing business in India. However, you can also go for small-scale manufacturing business from home and expand the manufacturing business as per the demands and needs. For opening a small-scale manufacturing business, you will not require a considerable amount of funds initially.
Q. What are some of the small scale business ideas that involve manufacturing?
Ans- These are some of the best small scale business ideas for the Indian market:
- Paper- Envelopes, Notebooks, Greeting cards, Invitation cards, Handmade cards for crafts/origami, files, etc.
- Fashion- Bindis, Costume jewellery, Cloth bags, Handbags, Jute bags, Hairbands, Bangles & Laces.
- Food Manufacturing- Pulses Milling and processing, Bakery, Dairy related products, customised chocolates, and oil making.
Q. How much time is required to establish a manufacturing business in India?
Ans. Rome wasn't built in a day! Establishing a business, be it a small-scale or a large-scale business idea in any country, needs proper research and study with substantial hard work, labour, and patience. There is no sure shot time duration within which a manufacturing business can flourish and expand with profit and maximum returns. The period required to establish a manufacturing business in India depends on the industry sector, the targeted audience, and the amount of hard work involved in various stages, such as manufacturing products.
Q. Can you suggest some small business ideas in India under Rs 10000?
Ans- Here is a List of Businesses You Can Start Within 10000 Rupees in India:
- Candle Marketing
- Copywriting business
- Mobile Repair Shop
- Affiliate Marketing
- Tuition Classes
- Food Stall
- Homemade Healthy Sweets & Savouries
Q. Does the Indian market have a high manufacturing business scope?
Ans. The scope of any business idea in India is vast. The country is known for its rich natural resources, raw materials, high-quality food products, and convenient business and trade route. Also, India has incredible connectivity with other countries, making it one of the most sought after markets in manufacturing business. The Indian government is also focusing more on the Make in India concept and promoting new start-ups and entrepreneurs to develop their manufacturing business ideas in India.
|We hope you liked our article. To know more details about business ideas in India, you can visit these linked articles as well:
|Business Ideas In Bangalore||Business Ideas In Gujarat||Business Ideas In Kolkata|
|Business Ideas In Chennai||Business Ideas In Hyderabad||Business Ideas In Mumbai|